The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Great idea. Mine was a little stained from the dealer and I've been treating it with Back to Black for two years and its marginal now. I love the idea of an inlay. I think these scoops would just be anchors over 120 mph.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Great idea. Mine was a little stained from the dealer and I've been treating it with Back to Black for two years and its marginal now. I love the idea of an inlay. I think these scoops would just be anchors over 120 mph.
Lotus at least thinks they are useful for their GT4 cars.

Could probably do a carbon wrap in the scoop.

·
Registered
2018 Evora 400
81 Posts
I would love to get a set of Carbon Inlays! I too think the black plastic looks cheap, not a huge fan of the scoops.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I was not a fan of the scoops until I saw them on the Komotec car... Then I bought them. Very nice.

Reactions: ShadowWulf369

·
Loves to talk
1,385 Posts
Here's where to buy the scoops for your Evora:

Hethel Sport (apparently backordered at the moment)

GRP (Greg's Race Parts) also carries CF accessories for the Evora but Hethel Sport has the exact GT4 style scoops you want. Both companies support the forum as sponsors and are excellent, reliable suppliers.

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
917 Posts
While carbon would look pretty cool beneath the mesh on S1 cars and much better on 400/GT cars (since the mesh is much further back), I think the issue would be that an inlay would only look right at home if it were big enough that it would be installed after taking the rear clam off. Otherwise there would likely be large voids around the inlay making it look a bit stuck on. But perhaps GRP could make something (especially for the 400/GT crowd) that would work for those dedicated to the laborious install required.

As for side scoops, I think the size is the main factor here as to whether I enjoy them or not. I have the scoops from GRP on my car and love them. These are the smaller scoops available on the market and they flow with the lines of the car I my opinion. The larger Hethelsport scoops are far too big for me and make the scoops look like they’re trying too hard to be a predominant feature of the car rather than to blend in with the overall styling. While the exact scoops on my car in the photographs aren’t the GRP scoops, the GRP scoops are the exact same size and shape as those on my car when the pictures were taken.

I for one love the look of these smaller scoops and now that I have the ones from GRP that have the correct carbon weave and the clear coat isn’t yellowed, these look superb. Again, just my opinion.

Once these are installed, it’s not all that easy to notice that large matte black plastic intake tube and you can focus on driving these magnificent machines.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Here's where to buy the scoops for your Evora:

Hethel Sport (apparently backordered at the moment)

GRP (Greg's Race Parts) also carries CF accessories for the Evora but Hethel Sport has the exact GT4 style scoops you want. Both companies support the forum as sponsors and are excellent, reliable suppliers.
I'm pretty sure HethelSport and GRP have the same ones (the short version -- Doesn't extend all the way to the edge of the clam/door panel gap). I mean maybe different manufacturers and maybe even slight differences in the weave, but they both ONLY have the short version.

OP,

MAN I LOVE THIS IDEA, and given the fact that I just removed my (S1) mesh grills on those side intakes, I have the ability/room to do something with it. A good wrap over that black plastic would take away having to black plastic restore them all the time, and even then they still look kinda old, dry and crappy.

I think dry carbon might look really good in there, as well as not show any surface scratches from the tiny debris/tiny rocks etc. like glossy vinyl does.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400, 6 speed, Blue on Red
14 Posts
Lotus at least thinks they are useful for their GT4 cars.
Good point... I guess at speed maybe the little bit of additional airflow for the engine overcomes a little bit of additional drag...?

·
Registered
164 Posts
So I just got this for another project on my daily ('09 C63). I have enough extra to stuff a piece in there to see how it looks. Now I have to figure how to make a template for in there... :unsure:
You can use layers of masking tape to make a decent template. It won't be perfect but it'll get you in the ballpark and you can transfer that to something more substantial for finishing. I've actually found that the cardboard from beer/soda boxes works well for little projects like that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts