The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Exige S260 Sport
515 Posts
I agree, it looks great.
I have heard from questionable resources that side skirts are the best aerodynamic improvement you can make to these cars.

Is it harder to get out of the car with them in place?

·
Registered
2007 Lotus Elise Storm Titanium
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree, it looks great.
I have heard from questionable resources that side skirts are the best aerodynamic improvement you can make to these cars.

Is it harder to get out of the car with them in place?
For me it is not any more difficult to get out of the car. I am 6'3'' so getting out is never graceful for me. What I have noticed is that I am paranoid the passenger will step on them so I am constantly telling people.... make sure you don't step on the skirt!

·
Administrator
2005 Lotus Elise
2,500 Posts
@timmergund Did you make or purchase them? Skirts are a project I have been wanting to do for a LONG time, never seem to get around to it.

Reactions: carphoria

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@timmergund Did you make or purchase them? Skirts are a project I have been wanting to do for a LONG time, never seem to get around to it.
I purchased these during the Black Friday sale from Gregs Racing Parts. Making them wouldn't be hard.... however, figuring out where to drill and set rivnuts would be a little tricky. The benefit of purchasing them was that they came with very clear instructions and clearly marked spots to drill.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Those look good! I think the comple the look in that area. I have APR carbon fiber ones myself....it was nerve racking drilling them in! So I know the feeling...take it slow and easy. Also very familiar with constantly saying...watch the boards to passengers!!

Reactions: timmergund

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Those look good! I think the comple the look in that area. I have APR carbon fiber ones myself....it was nerve racking drilling them in! So I know the feeling...take it slow and easy. Also very familiar with constantly saying...watch the boards to passengers!!
Yeah the drilling was so scary...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts