The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Ticket Magnet
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a set of sides for my 2005 Elise.

I haven't decided whether to go with CF or glass. I like the look of CF - and strength, but if I paint to match the car color, it makes the car look so much more refined.
What is available? What are the choices? Pics of your car with yours?

Thanks

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
As soon as I can get a Riv Nut Gun I'll have my Sector RaceSills installed. Pics soon

·
Ticket Magnet
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great!
It would be nice to know where you locate those Riv Nuts and size - especially shank size - and if you would have perhaps moved the location of one or two. I was thinking of using them for mounting sides and splitter. Seems like a perfect application.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
I've long been disappointed by the lack of affordable and stylish side skirts for the Elise. I'd like to find something that doesn't look liker it came off a pickup truck... (nicely sculpted) in CF or CF over glass.

I'd say that based on splitter prices, something in the $500 to $700 range is not unreasonable.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
I saw these posted by HKfever. I don't think they're marketed in the U.S., and these are only for the Exige, but this is what I have in mind...

Attachments

·
Ticket Magnet
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great posts. Thanks for the observations. I asked HK about them for an Elise awhile ago but didn't hear anything substantial.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I have the APR side skirts and yes they are huge and balance out the looks of my splitter and diffuser. They do a great job of keeping rocks from hitting the rear end

·
Ticket Magnet
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks HK. I like all of the work I've seen you present so far and thought if you made, or were going to make, a set, I would wait. And I see that Ritchie doesn't seem to be working on any. So then thanks to Swing, I re-found Truleo Side Skirts. I really like their lines and decided to get a set to try.
So I bought a set of raw and will let you know how they go. Last thing I needed to complete my major aero changes. Now to get all this crap on the car! - and STILL end up lighter than I got it!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts