The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there with ReVerie CF Side Skirts? I saw them on Sector 111's website. They look really badass, but is there any aerodynamic gain? I have the FF front spoiler and Reverie CF diffuser. Any thoughts?

Mike

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
I was planning to just get some sandwich carbon sheet and make my own. I would bond them to the bottom of the side rails. Should be a piece of cake.
Nine Hundred and how much????:eek: I don't mind paying for a good product and have quite a few times but those babies look to be about twice as expensive as I would ever had expected them to be.
Maybe 5-$600 max...OUCH!
Sector 111/Revrie products on my car so far: Ram Air Daytona C/F complete intake system, C/F Canards front(rears to come), C/F front spoiler(w-FFed carbon sandwich splitter combo), C/F Side Scoops, C/F 3 Element Rear Diffusor, and C/F Mid Undertray(w-NACA Ducts). I will say that normally their quality is absolutley top notch. You can see that I am heavily invested in Revrie approx $5,000 so far:eek:

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
I really just wanted to make a straight line from the rear lower outer edge of the front fender lip to the front lower outer edge of the rear fender lip. Just go straight back and connect the two. I think it would look better than the sculpted edge look.
I would also bore two or three(or more) 3" dia. holes in the C/F honeycomb core sheet where it bonds to the chassis for jack placement(for direct frame contact).

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish that I had the skills to fabricate some skirts out of CF. $900 will buy quite a bit of beer.

Best of luck with your endeavor. Show pics when finished.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
I really just wanted to make a straight line from the rear lower outer edge of the front fender lip to the front lower outer edge of the rear fender lip. Just go straight back and connect the two. I think it would look better than the sculpted edge look.
I would also bore two or three(or more) 3" dia. holes in the C/F honeycomb core sheet where it bonds to the chassis for jack placement(for direct frame contact).
I had thoughts of the same thing. My only concern is if it'll look too thin. Depending on what yours looks like and the cost I may be the first in line for the second set. :up:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts