The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Illegal Alien
5,259 Posts
Plywood.. Lotus motorsport
CF.. copy of lotus version VSA motorsports
Above version with variable thickness, ???

·
Illegal Alien
5,259 Posts
No. Lotus does have one they sell though the motorsport arm. In GTN parts catalog, and made of plywood. VSA has a Carbon fiber version of this made that the use on their own races cars and sell for about 1k. Both of these are similar sized and shaped with constant thickness. The one posted in the photos here is from an unknown source, and had a thin ed section in say if door, not sure of reason other than style?

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
IMO those straight-edge things look like they belong on a pickup truck, not a Lotus. Just like with a sexy woman, the skirt should compliment the curves of the body...:D

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
The VSA CF barge boards are really nice (see: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f170/im-seeing-stripes-121824/index4.html#post2890521), but they really come from a company called Technocraft which is really just a subsidiary of a larger company called JDM Password. Yeah, I know, confusing.

I found that if you contact JDM directly, you get the best price, but even more importantly, they respond. For as great as VSA is (I hear really good things about them), their customer service is nonexistent. So, after many failed VSA contact attempts (FB messaging, e-mail, phone calls, etc.), I started digging and found the manufacturer. The JDM guys were really cool and happened to even have a set in stock. The best part, they actually answered the phone on my first attempt!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
@ngl, yup, same parts that I have. Great fit and finish for sure.

@cantdecide, you can reach them here: Contact Tecnocraft or here: Contact Us | Toll Free 1 (888) PWJDM 01 | Password JDM

You'll notice both companies show the same address in Long Beach, CA which is where I went to go pick the parts up. Also, I'll add, the install is a total DIY. However, I went a slightly different route than what has been recommended. I used the existing factory bolts on each end (as prescribed by most). However, in between where most used rivnuts, I used 3M, heavy duty exterior application double-sided tape. A couple of ramps a beer and about 1.5 hours and I was done!

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
Looks like the ones in the first post are actually flush with the body at the front and back. Looks better, IMHO.

·
Illegal Alien
5,259 Posts
Positioning is left up to the subjectivity of the installer. If I remember correctly on my VSA/Tecnocraft boards, only one hole was predrilled to line up with an OEM bolt. What VSA adds in to their kit is some nice rivnuts.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thanks for the compliments on the photos. Make sure you ask for stainless bolts. The original ones they sent started to rust after a week. I called them and would have paid extra to get the stainless ones. They were able to send them out and do not have a problem anymore.

I think it goes well with the Difflow diffuser. When I bought mine, the 5 element was not available. If it were, I may have gone with that one.

·
Toys R us!
273 Posts
Where can we buy these side skirts or similar ones?

my husband has a template all drawn out and cut out, picking up the lexan this week...5 sheets, his design follows the curves of the car...just fabulous looking..he also designed the splitter for the front ....after my set is completed and mounted, i'll post pics...woohoo... i personally don't care for the straight ones, like in the pic above..

he plans to make extras!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
my husband has a template all drawn out and cut out, picking up the lexan this week...5 sheets, his design follows the curves of the car...just fabulous looking..he also designed the splitter for the front ....after my set is completed and mounted, i'll post pics...woohoo... i personally don't care for the straight ones, like in the pic above..

he plans to make extras!
Count me in as long as the pricing isn't silly!

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
This just reminds me of chitty chitty bang bang... will they rotate out into wings so you can fly?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts