The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys probably know I have a really hard time making up my mind on everything which usually includes asking the forum in a 3-4 page thread.

So, I've finally decided to take a weekend trip to L.A. We'd leave either late tonight or early Saturday morning and we need to be in downtown L.A. by 8 a.m. tomorrow. Wife and 7 year old are coming. The plan's to take the wife's A4....but my Evora's just been sitting in the garage most of the time. The L.A. to Phoenix trip is boring (which is why I do it at night because it makes the time go by faster) and it's really a waste of Pirellis. But this boring ride is really up the A4's alley. :confused:

I mean, the last time I took a trip to L.A. in an Evora, it never came back. rotfl

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I love taking my Elise on road trips. But I always worry about where to park it.

I vote that you should take it if you feel comfortable with the parking arrangement.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Hotel parking is a concern too. It will be tight with the three of us and our luggage.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I used to stay at this hotel around Hollywood. The owner would let me park right out in front of the office so my car could be watched all night and be in a safe place. Last trip down another family had bought it and they weren't so nice to me..........

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
H.E.Double Hockeysticks no. If you were by yourself sure.

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
Over the Fourth holiday I had choice of Evora or Tundra down to Charleston. Hotel Vendue is fine for me to park right in front

image.jpg

I took the Tundra. Just more laid back, stress free.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
stick with the first choice - easier to replace if some nut hits you

·
Illegal Alien
5,261 Posts
Over the Fourth holiday I had choice of Evora or Tundra down to Charleston. Hotel Vendue is fine for me to park right in front

View attachment 421545

I took the Tundra. Just more laid back, stress free.
That is how I end up leaving the Evora behind and taking the Sequoia . Stress free, no worries about dings, scratches, potholes, vandals, idiots .. Worst that can happen is appointment with insurance . But then I am only repairing/replacing a commodity. That said' I am DRIVING to LOG 34, not trailering as wife convinced me to do to 32.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
That is how I end up leaving the Evora behind and taking the Sequoia . Stress free, no worries about dings, scratches, potholes, vandals, idiots .. Worst that can happen is appointment with insurance . But then I am only repairing/replacing a commodity. That said' I am DRIVING to LOG 34, not trailering as wife convinced me to do to 32.
Looking forward to meeting you there!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Too many reasons not to. Save the miles on the odometer. Now, if you were driving north on I-17 ...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts