The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 1200 Posts

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The next lunch meet will be on Friday 9/13 at 12:00pm. We will meet at Star Cafe (2001 Gateway Pl Ste 151 E, San Jose, CA 95110). Personally I liked the Star Cafe from last week's meetup, but you guys want to try something different, let me know...always open.

Had lunch last Friday and the parking was quite free. Hopefully this is the case for every Friday.

Our first lunch meet was today at 12:00pm. Thank you all for attending:

sleekgt
t955152
xvdarkyvx +1 (friend) :)
IamBatman
JonS

Pics from 8/9/13 meet:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Would it be too short of a notice if I created a lunch meet for this Friday 8/16. Who would go? Rush is between 12-1pm..so either 11:30am or 12:45pm..different place: Pho Nam in Milpitas (don't have any clue how crowded it gets at this location. Either way I can stay later.
Address: 41 Serra Way, Milpitas, CA 95035

It be nice with some company. I might be out of town next week (its still in consideration). Let me know who can make it. Thanks. Yes I know..really short notice. Be spontaneous.

Also I thought about your ideas of having an after work get together..and with the summer days being longer..sounds like a great idea. Thinking of a weeknight (maybe a Thursday or a Wednesday) around 6:30pm-7:00pm. Since most of you are coming from San Jose..maybe McCarthy Ranch or Ranch 99 or the Great Mall? Suggestions? Santana Row sounds good too (for midpoint between Sunnyvale and San Jose).

·
Terry
2,192 Posts
Would it be too short of a notice if I created a lunch meet for this Friday 8/16. Who would go? Rush is between 12-1pm..so either 11:30am or 12:45pm..different place: Pho Nam in Milpitas (don't have any clue how crowded it gets at this location. Either way I can stay later.
Address: 41 Serra Way, Milpitas, CA 95035

It be nice with some company. I might be out of town next week (its still in consideration). Let me know who can make it. Thanks. Yes I know..really short notice. Be spontaneous.

Also I thought about your ideas of having an after work get together..and with the summer days being longer..sounds like a great idea. Thinking of a weeknight (maybe a Thursday or a Wednesday) around 6:30pm-7:00pm. Since most of you are coming from San Jose..maybe McCarthy Ranch or Ranch 99 or the Great Mall? Suggestions? Santana Row sounds good too (for midpoint between Sunnyvale and San Jose).
In for the weekday gathering but I can't make it this Friday :( will be in SoCal

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
3,898 Posts
I can't make this one - I have lunch tomorrow with the hot blonde that I postponed in order attend the last one. Seriously :evil:

Definitely up for the next one whenever/where ever.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It looks like maybe this spontaneous meet tomorrow isn't happening, but I'd love to crash next time you guys have a lunch.

I'm just starting my search for an Elise, so it'd be really cool to get to know some local Lotus guys (figuring it might be a while before I find the right car, since I'm buying used).

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So anyway, since I know most of you aren't going and one person didn't respond to my pm's yet..or may not..that's ok. I'll still go. Spontaneous lunch meet for 1 ..haha..all good. I'll be at that Pho Nam at 12:45pm to avoid the rush.

Just heard late last night, that the "out of town" trip next week has been cancelled. So I'm thinking would you guys be free next Friday then. I don't know a place yet, but let's make it at 12:00pm. Personally, I like Thursday's more then Fridays..just because Fridays ..people tend to take off and go on a 3-day weekend trip somewhere..but Thursdays, people can be more free.

So next lunch meet: either Thursday or Friday 8/22 or 8/23 at 12:00pm. Place: TBD.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So the next lunch will be on Thursday 8/22 at Star Cafe: 2001 Gateway Pl Ste 151 E, San Jose, CA 95110
at 12:00pm. Once again I can stay later for some of you who might come later.

Please respond with yes or no's..so I know whose going.

Last week Pho for 1..was yummy. :p.

I'll edit the first post to add in this lunch meet.

·
Super Moderator
3,898 Posts
>I also thought and this might be cheesy..that since we are so close to the airport, maybe after lunch we can do a small drive through the airport and let people gawk at our cars as we pass through the departure terminals..then maybe stop at some parking lot to the side and take a group picture. I remember there is a parking lot that allows cars to stop for 30min for free right next to the baggage claim area of Southwest's airlines (I believe its Terminal B).

I like cheese! And I like to video record it too :p

Will check my calendar; pretty sure I can make it.

However, are you thinking of the old cell phone waiting area? That no longer exists near Terminal B (it was relocated to Airport Blvd across from the eBay building). I can do a drive by and confirm since it's nearby my work.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There is a parking lot next to the Southwest baggage claim that cost money, but the first 30min is free. Whenever my wife picked me up from the airport, that's where she would park. So hopefully as long as we go in and get out within 30minutes we should be fine.

1 - 20 of 1200 Posts