The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
khamai said:
Chris,

It's one of the cars from the LA Show. There's plans to make it better represent final production, but parts are on backorder (everything is going into production cars).
:)
Is it? Someone from Symbolic just told me that it's a Euro car with black interior, so I'm inclined to believe them.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Okay gang, I just got back from a "reconnaisance" trip to Symbolic, and it is a .....

111S (that's the euro-spec elise, i.e., with a Rover engine). Silver, with the black alcantara and leather( or vinyl, not sure)l interior. Always a treat to lay eyes on an Elise again in the flesh, but I've confirmed that it's definitely NOT the federalized car, and NOT one of the cars from the LA Auto show. Also Mike Pedace (the main contact point at Symbolic re: the Elise sales) didn't indicate that they were going to try to modify the car in any way - so Chris, no worries :clap:

It was nice to meet and talk with Mike, he seems like a good guy (well, all Mikes are, of course....). Not much new info, but he confirmed that they are expecting their (fed.) demo car sometime in May, and the customer cars start coming in June.

Cheers, Mike G. :bow:

P.S. As I was on my way out of the cool little town that is La Jolla proper, I spotted the 111S on a test drive, coming down the hill towards me, looked amazing, this car is going to turn a lot of heads !

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Gray, silver... details. :p

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Just heard that a Gray Federal car was at Newport and was given to a magazine for review.

·
shay2nak
24,974 Posts
Originally posted by Randy Chase
Just heard that a Gray Federal car was at Newport and was given to a magazine for review.
uh oh, really! I hope it's GG as _JD_ mentioned. Newport Euro is in Southern California. I'll call them tomorrow to see what color it is and maybe which magazine.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
shay2nak said:
uh oh, really! I hope it's GG as _JD_ mentioned. Newport Euro is in Southern California. I'll call them tomorrow to see what color it is and maybe which magazine.
The Road & Track offices are here, but then again, many publications do photo shoots around here.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I got a call from a friend who was heading south on the 101 just north of SLO today and had two Orange Elises pass him going the other way.

Somebody needs to get up to Laguna Seca tomorrow and see what they can see...

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Available for viewing?

·
shay2nak
24,974 Posts
Originally posted by _JD_
Just called Newport, and it's the ST press car that's "making the rounds". They won't get their demo until later this month.
yes, i just called them too. They have two press cars. One green which they have now and a CO which is currently out. I'm not sure when it will be returned, but it's only available for viewing and she said that the CO looks very good on the Elise. They will recieve the demo in a couple weeks, she said.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
_JD_ said:
Oh, well it was a woman on the phone... *ducking*
Or more likely a sales person telling you what you wanted to hear...

In that vein, I "hear" R&T has it at the moment.

OTOH, stop by and maybe it'll be there. If not, you can always drool over the Spyker. Or the Maranello Spyder. Or the window sticker on a new Rolls. ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts