·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently Silver Star have 3 elises for sale

BRG, Biscuit, Sport, Touring, Hardtop
Artic Silver, Red, Sport, Touring, No hardtop, poss. Stage 2
Graphite Grey, Black, Sport Touring, No hardtop, poss. stage 2

They're asking $10k over MSRP, and I wouldn't be surprised if they get it, given the few Elises that have arrived in the LA area.

The sales guy said the colors of the latter 2 were "Silver" and "Grey" so I'm assuming it's AS & GG. He didn't sound too certain about the sport/touring either. I may go down tomorrow to have a look.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I received a call offering me a chance to buy an Ardent Red, LSS, touring, no hardtop. No mention of other cars for sale. $10K was the suggested profit margin, although that probably is negotiable.

Seems odd that they expect to get that much, since the "demo" was sold two months ago reportedly for $7500 over sticker.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Anyone know where these cars are coming from? Are they from deposit holders that backed out? I sure hope so. I'm number 90 on their wait list back in Dec 2003. And I was told my number was 70-ish the last time I called (July 04). I figured some people droped from their list and I was moved ahead to the 70s. But, if that was true, where did these 3 cars come from? And also the red one mentioned by jml1952 above? Man, this doesn't sound good at all.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think these would be from people who have dropped off the list. When I placed my deposit they said they would offer cars from those who dropped off the list, to the other deposit holders. Hence the phone call I got this morning. I still have a deposit with Silver Star and have moved up from 89 to 82, which indicates that some people have defiintely dropped out.

Silver Star have so far received 20+ cars and have placed orders for 30+

·
shay2nak
25,132 Posts
I got a call this morning also and went down there and talked to Judy and Rodger. 10k over for the cars. They have 5 cars there! 2 reds, 1 storm, 1 Silver, and 1 green. Looks like the Ardent guy is trading for the green one. So in reality I think only the silver and storm is available. I took some pics. Also they had a brand new SLK 55 AMG...MSRP....67,000! next to the elises! It was great to see for comparison. The dealer had gotten it today and still had paper all over the hood & roof.

Hey Alan: I saw your car there yesterday! I see you installed the stage 2! I took more pics, but my camera can't capture the color at all. I was surprised once again with how dark the blue was. Did you get your 1k service done there?

·
shay2nak
25,132 Posts
8 - It was a little tough getting in with the top on, but after the 1st time I was jumpin' in and out of there. (5'11' @ 38"). My dad, however, trying to get in and out was hilarious but he got the hang of it. (5'7" i think he's a 40 or 42)

Attachments

·
shay2nak
25,132 Posts
9 - sorry about my camera, whatever I do the damn thing won't take good pics. It's worse without the flash as it is here. Using the flash, the pic came out almost black. :mad:

Attachments

·
shay2nak
25,132 Posts
11 - color is a bit darker than is shown in these pics

Attachments

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I ventured over to Silver Star around 11 am. They do indeed have 5 Elisi. The green one is inside, the other four are around the side in their parking area.

Apparently two brothers can't decide whether to buy Ferraris or Lotuses. But it appears that they are leaning toward Lotus. And a couple of the cars are for customers.

So, at the moment, it would seem that only the green car is up for grabs for certain. Looks gorgeous with the biscuit interior and hardtop. If you are desperate for a car, give them a try. But they are a greedy bunch, so you will pay for the privilege of buying a car early.

One of the red cars has a hard top. Looks great. One red car has the soft top on and also looks great. Although I don't expect to use the hard top that much, it is fun to have two different looking cars for the price of one.

By the way Mikester, they have a silver car with red interior. I think that's your combo?? Looks very good. It's right behind the storm titanium car, so makes for a nice contrast. In my opinion, the silver looks better. Good choice.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
shay2nak said:
Hey Alan: .... Did you get your 1k service done there? [/B]
Shay: I did have the 1k service done at Silver Star. The cost was pretty comparable to what everyone else has reported. I thought they would charge more.

1K service total = $298.27
(labor = $227.82, oil filter = $20.70, oil = $49.75)

Stage II installation = $273.39

I also went down today and saw the 5 cars. The BRG has a Stage II on it and looks tremendous with the biscuit interior. I did notice that the paint had plenty of swirl marks on it. I also have them on my laser blue although they are mainly visible only under fluorescent lighting. It appears that the clear coat is not very durable. :( :(

1 - 20 of 25 Posts