The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone with Gary (nice guy!) who is the West Coast rep for Lotus of USA. Somebody posted his phone number on another thread and I forgot who, but thanks (although that number was his cell phone and he requested people use the LOA office number)!

His information is:

Laser Blue is still an option and will continue to be an option as long as people keep ordering it.

Silver Star's demo arrived at port on 08/05. Expect 12ish working days to get to dealer so that puts the demo at Silver Star around the 20th or so.

Silver Star should have 11 cars by the end of September and 5 cars a month for Oct, Nov, Dec. At #15, that means my car is expected "around" the end of Oct.

His contact at Silver Star is Kelly Bolton (sp?) and he/she is updated weekly with info so they should know everything.

It's going to be a long 3-month wait.......

-Todd

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Kelly is a he, and really doen't seem to care too much about this car.

He has apparently made the decision that the Demo will a static display model only.

I think the logic is that he has almsot 2 years of backlog, he doesn't need to sell these cars they sell themselves, so why thrash a Demo he hopes to sell?

Steve

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
420HP said:
Silver Star's demo arrived at port on 08/05. Expect 12ish working days to get to dealer so that puts the demo at Silver Star around the 20th or so.

Silver Star should have 11 cars by the end of September and 5 cars a month for Oct, Nov, Dec. At #15, that means my car is expected "around" the end of Oct.-Todd
I have a feeling that Silver Star is more or less on the same time table as Scottsdale, AZ Lotus. I'm number 16 at Scottsdale and late October is what I've been told also. [finger's crossed].

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
thanks for the update 420HP. I want to drive their demo because i just moved to 1000 Oaks and I live 3 miles away. Even though they are not my dealer I'm hoping that I can drive the demo. Any word of the color of the demo? I think it's yellow.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Thanks 420HP! I'm #17 at Silver Star, so right behind ya. Hopefully they will let us drive the demo, but seemed like they all were dreading it's arrival. As they put it:lines of teenagers wanting test drives.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts