The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just made deposit with Silver Star Lotus.
I'm number 90 on their list. They said I should be gettign the car in 10 - 12 months as their alotment is 8-9 cars per month and they expect some people to pull out. They will contact the buyer about 2-3 months before delivery on the color and options. MSRP Guarantee. $1K fully refundable deposit.
Anyone have any experience with them?

I also called Symbolic Beverly Hills. They said if I go in now, I won't get the car until mid 2005. And their Deposit is $2K.

·
Banned
901 Posts
OK to buy the car at Silver Star (I guess) but I'd find somewhere else to get it serviced. They inspected (and I use that term loosely) an Esprit for me and their "Lotus Mechanic" missed stuff I spotted after about 5 minutes. Not confidence inspiring!

Mark

·
Registered
163 Posts
Well that sux! The reason I choose them over Symbolic for my Elise deposit is the fact they HAD a service department.......

Any recomendations for mechanics in the area?

·
Registered
8 Posts
yeah i just got my self on the waiting list but im not sure what number i am, but he said it would prolly be less than a year for me to get it.depending on how many peeps pull out of the list.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New dealer in Los Angeles

Why don't you look into South Bay Lotus in Hermosa Beach. Call Mark @ 310
999-5626. They don't have a list, and they have cars on the ground ready for delivery. :nanner: :wave:

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
seconded, i bought my car from south bay, decided to buy one friday nite, picked up saturday morning, plus anything to give silver star a kick up the butt to sort out their lotus sales and customer service side. i've heard good stories about them once in a while, but the bad stories were a lot worse.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i think mabe some on in the forums just bought a yellow one with stripes from silver star i was just there today and i saw it there with the SOLD sign.

ps. i sat in it :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts