The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to thank all who attended the Silver Star Lotus open house in Thousand Oaks, Ca on 4/19 for their hospitality in letting me step into their world for a brief period.

I met “Jack,” whose Exige Cup car and GT3 are just awesome, “Shay2nak” who took about an hour to eat a bagel because I kept asking him stupid questions, “Zen Dude,” who seems to be “one with his car,” Hal, with his terrific SY Elise, "Richie" from the dealership and many others. All nice people with tremendous enthusiasm for their Lotus'.

With payments to my ex wife ending this June (yes!) and one kid with one year left from graduating college (geez, $35,000 a year gets old fast), I started thinking about a sports car for March-June of 2009 and after seeing the Lotus Exige S240 at the LA Auto Show, I thought it was perfect. An '07 Exige S would be fine too, no matter, I still have a long time left - just hope Lotus does not do much for '09 or I'll have another dilema.

My current “ride” is N/A, because I am a cyclist having been relegated to that sport after a divorce (can anyone relate?). I have been admiring you guys from a far on my rides for years, so when you are out there ripping up the local canyons, I am one of those cyclists in the way of a tight line through a corner up Rock Store, Mulholland, Decker, etc., except that I am losing a lot more power than you from “heat soak” up a climb. :D

Thanks

·
Failed at Self Control
653 Posts
Steve,

Glad to see your post. :)

It was nice chatting with you, and thanks for hanging out with us. Maybe you could tag along on one of our next drives. It seems that some of us tend to have an open seat.

Keep the faith and stay focused! :D

- z :cool:

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Zen Dude:

A shotgun ride would be great! I haven't done anything but sit in them yet, but there is no question in my mind that I will have one of these someday. I already have a list of mods based upon the info on this forum.

Thanks again.............

1 - 3 of 3 Posts