The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The silver on my high beams is almost non-existent. It was cracked and crazed on one, so I tried to replate it with silver with a Caswell kit I had. It only made it worse. As far as I can see, the only replacement is the whole assembly, which is mega bucks. Any suggestions?
And no, paint (even really shiny paint) doesn't work. You need the reflectivity of silver. If there's a shop that repairs this, I can't find them. Maybe there's a part number for just the shiny part? Or maybe somebody has some of the headlight innards they'd be willing to part with? Looking for ideas. The 2005 headlights suck as it is. This isn't helping... :huh:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Please provide pictures. Is it the entire reflector or only on the bottom where water sometimes sits?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Maybe some chrome wrap? Just around the outside?

·
Registered
262 Posts
I had Alfa Romeo reflectors redone at 10years ago in Dallas. Contact an auto restorer, they can help located a shop to do it. Or maybe a place that restores mirror glass.
They are far and few between because of the chemicals and new laws restricting them. You may need to send them away. It was not that expensive back then. The other option ia Bi-Xenon kit.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had Alfa Romeo reflectors redone at 10years ago in Dallas. Contact an auto restorer, they can help located a shop to do it. Or maybe a place that restores mirror glass.
They are far and few between because of the chemicals and new laws restricting them. You may need to send them away. It was not that expensive back then. The other option ia Bi-Xenon kit.
The HID kits wouldn't replace this, would they? I assumed they were just bulbs and the low beam projector. If that would do it, I'm in. I'd like to switch to brighter lights anyway.

·
Registered
73 Posts
As long as you purchase a projector HID kit, rather than a bulb kit you will get a new housing. I purchased the LumosHID kit from what is now Inokinetic and it provides superb lighting.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As long as you purchase a projector HID kit, rather than a bulb kit you will get a new housing. I purchased the LumosHID kit from what is now Inokinetic and it provides superb lighting.
Just to be 100% sure, I'm talking about the high beam (the lower bulb). In the picture on their site, it looks like the top projector is in there (low beam), but I don't see a replacement for the part I need. Am I missing it or looking at the wrong kit, maybe??

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
This kit is bi-xenon, the projectors flip from low to high beam, so one projector provides both light functions. Your old high beam will still be functional but drowned out by the new light.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts