The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thousand Oaks March 9, 2009:

I dropped into Siverstar Lotus Dealership and there is a beehive of activity.
Several Lotus vehicles have been sold this month (even the economy threatens to shut down the Auto World).

There was a '05 Elise SY owner (Jeff) showing off his brand new S/C installed near South Bay. It's BEAUTIFUL! He sez you can get on installed and "out the door" for $4500!!!
He'll be meeting with us at our Meeting at Chili's in Newbury Park (March 13th Friday at 6:30PM).

A salesman stated that Richie (head mechanic) is about ready to install Lotus Factory S/C's in about a WEEK!!!!!

I'll go back this afternoon and verify the info. Stay tuned!!

--Hal

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
There was a '05 Elise SY owner (Jeff) showing off his brand new S/C installed near South Bay. It's BEAUTIFUL! He sez you can get on installed and "out the door" for $4500!!! ...
Was that a Lotus S/C kit installed for $4500, or a different kit? Is the Lotus kit actually CARB approved? (So far, we have just assumed it was.)

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
They also dropped the price on oil changes. $200 instead of $350. I had them change the oil so they could go through the car and tighten everything before my trackday. And fix the small oil leak.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's what I've learned so far:

The Lotus factory Supercharger (with a 1 year warranty) will be ready to install at the end of March. The dealer is waiting for CARB approval, but they are very optimistic that it will pass.

The price (part and installation) will be $4995 (+/-).

The supercharger will bring the '05 Elise from 190 to 220 HP, smoothing the power across the rpms.

That's all I know. If you have questions, please ask the dealer!
Don't flame me!

I'm ready to upgrade. Am I the first??

--Hal

·
Registered
817 Posts
Does anyone know how much they charge for the 15,000 mile service?

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
15,000 miles service consists of an oil change and checking the air filter. Mine was not replaced. Call them, they are friendly. :p If you change the air filter in addition to the oil change, I would guess around $350.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
30hp is what you see at the peak of the power band. The entire power band is considerably beefened up.
Exactly and it will be CARB'd approved so for folks in CA (and I'm sure other states) this is huge.

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
hey abe is that your car pictured in your avatar? :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts