The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're going to Silverstone for the first time to watch the F1 race in early July. We would like to sit in covered grandstands -- any suggestions for an interesting spot to watch the race?

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Ask the boys on seloc.

·
Registered
7,243 Posts
Well, start/finish is hard to beat. That's where we sat in 2012. You really really really need to watch the crews get the cars serviced for the start, and hear the start, all cars at once!

image.jpg

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I don't usually spend any time at start/finish, but tend to go to interesting corners instead. I suppose I should try it, at least once.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm not fond of the start finish straight to be honest. It's great for the start and finish but not very good inbetween - it's just a straight.

If you go for platinum tickets you'll be fine. We've done many over the years including Luffield, Village and last year did Club. We are in Club again this year on the far left as you look at the track. This allows you to see the pits, start/Finnish straight and it's a fast corner. You do have to get a three day ticket for there though.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The last couple of years I have sat at Woodcote. You can see the Wellington straight with DRS zone and good view of the braking zone into Brooklands where lots of overtaking happens. Additionally you will have a great view of Luffield, Woodcote obviously and the majority of the national pits straight.

Make sure you take a walk around to Maggotts and Becketts to truly appreciate what these cars are capable of in terms of handling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts