The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
There's no way in hades you got the old resistor pack out in 30 minutes... If you did, THAT is what you need to be describing!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine was already ripped apart. Someone before me tried fixing it and for the looks of it didn't know what they were doing so they just hooked up speed 3 to work.

·
Drone Racing Pilot
79 Posts
Thanks for this diagram. I will be attempting this fix this weekend on my elise. I have 3 resistors that I am using to create the 3 speeds.

These are the 50w resistors i have chosen:
0.05 Ohm
0.22 Ohm
0.25 Ohm

I would recommend getting some nice black and red silicone wires to extend this circuit to a better location for servicing and water protection. My progress will be documented in the elise section for my build.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Did Lotus move the resistor pack in later model Elises? I have a 2009 model.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Just bought a used Elise and had the blower motor issue. Decided to fix it for cheap with about $4 of Chinese power resistors and about 30 mins of my time (PS someone tried fixing it before me). Here is a diagram for anyone trying to do this in the future

can you post links for buying these parts online?

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Did Lotus move the resistor pack in later model Elises? I have a 2009 model.
I looked at OP's profile, and he lists his car as an '04. Given that, I think he is RHD where they had the resistor pack up top and accessible anyways.

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
I was not that pleased with Chinese resistors, they seemed to be over watt rated. For a once in a lifetime job, I would suggest buying from a regular electronics supply house, digikey etc

1 - 12 of 12 Posts