The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been done already, but in the interest of minimizing the opportunity for assorted items from launching themselves out of the little underdash trays during, uhhh... spirited maneuvers, I found some lattice foam matting previously used for my tool trays and after a bit of trimming and about 10 minutes, had myself a solution. The matting lies nicely without any adhesive necessary. The roll originally cost the princely sum of maybe five bucks @ Home Depot and the total added weight for all three cubbies might be all of an ounce.

Attachments

·
Registered
435 Posts
Looks good. I am probably going to do something similar. I am getting sick of my easy pass sliding back and forth. I refuse to mount it to the windsheild.

soulman

·
Registered
820 Posts
soulmn said:
Looks good. I am probably going to do something similar. I am getting sick of my easy pass sliding back and forth. I refuse to mount it to the windsheild.

soulman
So mount it up under one of the front service panels. That's what I did. Nobody can steal it, and nobody sees it...

Who did I steal that from?....
Anyhoo, it works great. Remember, RFID tags read through fiberglass, just not normal metal cars...

·
Registered
119 Posts
PsychoRallye said:
So mount it up under one of the front service panels. That's what I did. Nobody can steal it, and nobody sees it...

Anyhoo, it works great. Remember, RFID tags read through fiberglass, just not normal metal cars...
Have you had any problems having the tag read at toll booths - did it ever not work? What did you use to mount it? Thinking about doing the same...

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
I lined the alloy tray you pictured, along with the left and right cubbies at either front corner of the car. I used the Radio Shack low-tack sticky pad material that looks like black leather. It's intended to be placed onto your dash where it will stay by itself...anything you put on it tends to stay too. I just cut it to size for the long alloy tray and cubbies. Without it, if you have change in the cubbies, it will come out if you drive hard. With it, change and stuff stays in the compartment, and the tendency for items to slide back and forth in the alloy tray vanishes.

·
Super Moderator
6,820 Posts
I used a black sheet of 1/8" adhesive backed foam rubber that you can pick up for ~$.50 in any craft store or Wal-Mart. It fits perfectly, looks factory, and holds things nicely. I'll post a pic later this afternoon.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
PsychoRallye said:

Great idea! :clap: I personally keep mine in the cargo net behind the drivers seat.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
My tray has been lined like this for almost a year now. I forgot how much I like this simple mod, until I drove a car without it. Stuff does not annoyingly (and distractingly) slide from side to side in the lined tray.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Like this: rotfl
hahahaha!

I haven't done this mod yet. But I will!

My EZpass is mounting behind my large, obnoxious rear view mirror. No worries!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts