The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...those of you who own them come May - July, please do the rest of us the favor of helping Lotus work the bugs out before us lower on lists have our Elise's built...

Of course, I say this in jest, as I'd respectfully never hope for anyone's car to be less than they've waited for (especially since most who are getting theirs first have suffered longest)! However, the hope that Elise's built later in 2004 will have some of the initial bugs worked out is one of few things us in the 30's+ on dealer lists can wish for at this point! Who knows...maybe horsepower will be bumped to 220 by then too...and maybe a free Lotus watch!

To demonstrate my willingness to sacrifice, if I've worried anyone, I'd honorably trade my spot for one of the "flawed" first 500. ;)

Dave

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Truthfully, there is some concern for me to get an early car. On the positive, it's not really a brand new car and the federal cars are coming after the UK and Australian cars. Still... it also looks like later people will have more opportunity (or any opportunity) to order options and possibly new colors and maybe even special models.

But I want it now

·
Registered
670 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Truthfully, there is some concern for me to get an early car. On the positive, it's not really a brand new car and the federal cars are coming after the UK and Australian cars. Still... it also looks like later people will have more opportunity (or any opportunity) to order options and possibly new colors and maybe even special models.

But I want it now
I'd love to get a Type25.but I'd rather have a Saffron Yellow for a year longer rather than wait.

Steve

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Thought it over, and decided to be a trooper and take one for the team. I will report back on all the bugs I find next month when I get mine. Somehow I'll suffer through, but I know it will be painful. Please wish me luck (especially trying to wipe that sh*t-eating grin off my face).

·
Registered
485 Posts
Surferjer said:
Thought it over, and decided to be a trooper and take one for the team. I will report back on all the bugs I find next month when I get mine. Somehow I'll suffer through, but I know it will be painful. Please wish me luck (especially trying to wipe that sh*t-eating grin off my face).
it's good to know that kind people such as yourself are willing to got that extra mile for us lesser folk further on down the line. :D

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Surferjer said:
I hereby nominate thee for the orther of the purple lotus. :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was thinking about originally writing this thread when people were talking about the current "glue" problems, possibly holding up production...

It sounds like a cartoon...you're driving along in your Elise and the glue gives out...all sides collapse and you're left sitting on the flat ground holding a steering wheel! ;)

Dave

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
RE: the bonded chassis situation. If indeed what was posted on SELOC, it shows they're being very agressive and concerned with quality control. I think typically Americans appear to be much more critical of the necessity of a quality product, so Lotus is trying to do just that.

Also bonding failures hasn't been much reported on use of these cars, making me think this is not really a potential problem area.

Chris

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
X000000101 said:
I was thinking about originally writing this thread when people were talking about the current "glue" problems, possibly holding up production...

It sounds like a cartoon...you're driving along in your Elise and the glue gives out...all sides collapse and you're left sitting on the flat ground holding a steering wheel! ;)

Dave
The so called "Glue Problem" is nothing more than a rumor at this point.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Chris/Derek,

I wouldn't be holding a non-refundable deposit with a hope to eventually order an Elise that may or may not be built in my name depending on production numbers and unknown dealer allocations if I didn't have faith in its eventual quality...

:)

However, it is enjoyable to take forum "rumors" to extreme for humours sake...as if we can't laugh at this point, a lot of us would cry (and some maybe already have?!). ;)

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Derek said:
The so called "Glue Problem" is nothing more than a rumor at this point.
I don't know - I heard Lotus next model will be called the Elmer:D

Attachments

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I'll accept the "Order of the Purple Lotus" and wear it with pride and honor. Of course now I'll have to wait until the end of June to suffer through the problems the Elise will pose...:(

·
Registered
211 Posts
Who cares about bugs if it's under warranty for 3 years?! I'm not keeping mine even close to that long...

·
Supporting Vendor
4,105 Posts
Most of the serious assembly bugs should have been worked out of the 111Rs and Exiges. Our car will likely have fit/squeek/rattle issues with our new fed interior. The 2nd yr cars should have alot less of these quality issues...but I'd rather take the bugs than have to wait another year. ;)

Come on Elise!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts