The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to ask this question on here. My Elise is currently for sale and I am trying to list it on autotrader, but when I go to buy an add there is no Lotus in the drop down menu for the Make category. :rolleyes: You are able to search for listings of used lotus cars, but for some reason I am unable to figure out how those people got their cars listed when there is not an option to choose Lotus in the make menu. :shrug: I tried calling autotrader earlier today, but it was like a 45 min wait and no way in hell am I doing that. Anyone know how to get it listed?

Here is the link to sell a car https://sell.autotrader.com/syc/car_details.jsf

Thanks! :wave:

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
SanAnEliseMan,
they call it an exotic. they make you go to something like exoticautotrader.com or some crap like that.
they stick you for ~3x the advertising costs that autotrader charges, and limit the length of the advertisement.
i had same thing happen to me a year ago when i sold my elise and wanted to use autotrader. I also saw them posted for sale on autotrader, and they gave me some crap answer saying it just changed and those are old listings.

it seems to still be just as it was.

I just sold it here on ET using pictures of women showing cameltoes and clever captions. it worked great!!!
look it up, its true :)
maybe try cars.com

·
Registered
566 Posts
Try cars.com...Thats where I bought mine.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
No you can still get it on Autotrader. You just have to call it in. They played that same game with me. I payed for the add and had to email the pictures separately to the local office. By the time the add finally ran a month later I had already traded the car in. This was on a Maserati but exactly the same senario. They tried to send me to the classic/collector trader but after I pointed out all the ads they were running on the same car they realized they could do it. They try to get out of it because they have to manually place the add unlike a normal car thats all automatic online.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Autotrader used to be a staple for private sales, but yes, now it's a joke.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts