The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at installing one of the single din stereos that have a 7"-9" screens (non-flip on style) in an S3 Elise and wondering does anybody have this currently and picture of how it fits?

I really like this idea if having a fixed display and Android Auto Wirless for using Google Maps, though concerned about the screen blocking the vents and/or aircon controls. The Joying 7" display seems to be ideal size, though would much prefer the Alpine or Sony quality presuming the 9" display isn't too big.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
To expand, i've seen these photos. The Joying size seems alright, though unsure of quality, and the Halo9 is certainly great quality though seems to block the controls, unless maybe it's just angle of the photo. My hope is that the Sony with a more slim bezel may be the perfect combination of fit and quality for a headunit. Anybody have first hand experience?

·
Dreaming of Lotus
2005 Elise Sport Touring
163 Posts
I have a Joying 6.2. The size is fine, but Android Auto and other things are buggy or difficult to work expectantly. So you need to be ready to get your hands dirty with the thing. If you're not a computer person, avoid.

It's like buying a lotus and installing it in a lotus.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I have the halo9. It’s adjustable and mine is moved up so it currently blocks the vents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
577 Posts
It looks great in there. Does the blocked vents affect the cooling much?
To be honest my blower doesn’t work. Gotta fix that stupid 20 dollar part if/when I take my clam off or upgrade my rad. I really like this alpine head unit. I have it in another car I own too and it’s great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts