The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today the Sirius icon is missing from the audio source menu. Selection the setting wrench from the source screen does not bring up any Sirius setting options either. Before this happened I had the following options in the source menu; radio, sirius, cd, usb, bluetooth streaming. Now the Sirius option is totally missing. I assume this means the Sirius Tuner has died or connection worked loose? Up to this point I have been enjoying Sirius without issues. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Dasto, I'm assuming you have the Technology package? The Sirius source has been missing from my Alpine unit from day 1. If you or you dealer figure it out, please post the findings. Given I've never had it, I keep forgetting to have the dealer check on it when I've gone in for service.

·
Super Moderator
6,817 Posts
That's likely to indicate that the cable from the Sirius tuner to the head unit has come loose.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Nevermind, just found the location in another thread. Looks like it's a major ordeal to get to behind the dash. Not sure I want the dealer ripping the car apart for something I haven't really missed.

·
Super Moderator
6,817 Posts
There will be a connection into the back of the head unit. Pulling that out should be pretty straight-forward.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I don't know if this will help you, but the Sirius option disappeared from the source in the JVC unit in my Elise early on. All it took was disconnecting and reattaching the battery to make it reappear.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I have the same issue:wallbang: I have an Alpine W900. My Sirius Icon went away after 1 day of ownership. Pulled the radio and checked all conections still not working:shrug:. I am picking up a new head unit soon I hope this resolves the issue.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Misery likes company I guess. Didn't realize that this could be so common. I too don't want the dealer to tear into this if it can be avoided. The battery disconnect/reconnect sound worth a try but I hate to introduce the possibility of other electrical gremlins. Seems like Lotus is so sensitive to electrical gremlins. I will be interested if the new head unit will cure it for Fasttoys. I'm missing Sirius already.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Try Spotify or Pandora. Signal quality is far better than satellite. I cancelled Sirius as soon as I tried internet radio.

Works in tunnels and under porticos as well.

Of course this is dependent on getting the bluetooth to connect :(

I'm thinking new head unit as well. Some change on the way with improved syncing to our other devices.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
I am having more issues so when I can get down to Dallas I'll be calling you fasttoys to let you know first of all and second - my dash area needs to come out again anyways to replace the airbag cover not sitting right. The problem is that I wanted to make sure we could fix the sirius before I drove near 200 miles for service.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I am having more issues so when I can get down to Dallas I'll be calling you fasttoys to let you know first of all and second - my dash area needs to come out again anyways to replace the airbag cover not sitting right. The problem is that I wanted to make sure we could fix the sirius before I drove near 200 miles for service.
Cool I want to see it with-out the dash;)

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Looks simple enough :confused:

At least to take apart. If I did it a weight reduction would be realized as there would be plenty of stuff left over :eek:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I found the User Guide and Warranty information for the SCC1BL SiriusConnect Tuner. The warranty is supplied by Brix Labs dab Pana-Pacific/American Wireless. Their number is 1-800-848-6560. I'm plan to give them a call.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have the same issue:wallbang: I have an Alpine W900. My Sirius Icon went away after 1 day of ownership. Pulled the radio and checked all conections still not working:shrug:. I am picking up a new head unit soon I hope this resolves the issue.
Did the new head unit resolve the problem?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Did the new head unit resolve the problem?

Info on the Sirius problem. After further research the Alpine W900 head unit is fine unfortunately it’s the Sirius module that went bad. To replace the Sirius module KCA-SC100 you will need to pull the dash unless you purchase a new one & rewire it. I decided I wanted Pandora and a few other features so upgraded to the newest head unit from Alpine INE-S920HD with Blue tooth on board ( no need for KCE-400BT Bluetooth module) The wire harness for the W900 is 99% compatible (plug & Play) You only need to reroute the reverse wire for the backup camera to work (white and black wire goes to green wire on the harness). Reason for the reroute the W900 has a separate wire not in the main harness plug (orange & white that goes to the harness green wire) When you upgrade to the new unit you need to replace the Sirius module (KCA-SC100) because this version is not compatible with the new generation of head units that need SiriusXm modules (SXV200 with SiriusXM replay chip on board). Thoughts: I feel based of my research it was the Sirius KCA-SC100 module that went bad on my original set up. My W900 head unit is working perfectly. I have the W900 for sale in the Lotus-Talk for sale section. ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts