The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I just ordered Sirius sat radio for my pioneer unit which came stock with the 2012 Evora IPS's. They sent the signal and my unit received it although there's no sound.
The Sirius Tech said it might be an issue with the module that converts the sat signal into sound for use on the radio.
Anyone have any experience with this? Knowledge? Tips? Tricks?

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I had various "module" failures (shorts and miswiring) and adead sub-amp on my 2011. I had the Alpine but it was fine, it was the components.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
i believe that the connectors in the back of the unit were installed backwards - to correct i think it is a full dash take off and fix by the dealor. someone may correct me but i am pretty sure the 12's were also hit with this problem.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
i believe that the connectors in the back of the unit were installed backwards - to correct i think it is a full dash take off and fix by the dealor. someone may correct me but i am pretty sure the 12's were also hit with this problem.
Almost all of the 2013's came with the Sirius wires swapped from the factory. It's a dealer fix and a KNOWN issue. Don't let them tell you otherwise.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dealing with same issue right now on my 2013

Just bought the car and the dealer has had it for a week to address this specific issue along with a few others (stalling occasionally when breaking, other issues with the Pioneer unit not allowing access to standard settings menu, rear trunk latch not fully disengaging).

Seems like they would have figured this one out for 2013 but alas...as long as she's good as new when I get her back I'll be happy.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
a lot of people don't seem to get Sat radio so seems reasonable to leave it until the buyer has it.

i knew about this issue from this killer site so made sure it was 100% functional before i picked up the car. Scotti motors had it all sorted when i came by but i know they had to do 2 dash removals to get it all in order.

knowing what needs to be done and pushing the dealor to cover it off in the pre-delivery is critical imo.

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just got my car back. They were wired backwards. It took two days, however. They have done this fix on four different evoras. Two were done in an hour and two were done in two days. Apparently some of the evoras require the dash to be lifted to get the unit out and some don't...learn something new everyday.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Just got my car back. They were wired backwards. It took two days, however. They have done this fix on four different evoras. Two were done in an hour and two were done in two days. Apparently some of the evoras require the dash to be lifted to get the unit out and some don't...learn something new everyday.
yup - gets back to dealor prep - a well prepped car has few real problems. i know the dealors are thin and not a lot of profit, but they are the front line on the final product.

Montreal did a killer job on mine but i laid out the issues and said make sure they are cleaned up BEFORE i get there.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I don't see how this is possible. Why would the fix be any different between cars and with such a huge range in the amount of time required? They have been working all day on this issue with my car. Why would you design a car that requires the whole dash to be removed just to remove a satellite radio. That's idiotic. :mad: Also not happy that Lotus of Pittsburgh did not catch this issue and address it before the car was delivered to me.

Can this thread be pinned, so buyers can be aware of the issue and have it addressed before taking delivery?

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can this thread be pinned, so buyers can be aware of the issue and have it addressed before taking delivery?

How do we pin this? Forgive the Moronic question.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
An administrator will have to pin it.

For the record, the person who serviced my vehicle said it's not possible to reverse the two wires in the back of the satellite radio. They plug in, and they are different sizes. I have read several comments about Lotus reversing the wires, so now I don't know what to believe. :shrug:

After waiting all day, my Sirius still doesn't work and they want to replace the whole unit, which will take another full day. :facepalm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts