The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the Alpine unit that came with my 2010 Evora with the 920HD from Alpine. Ever since making the swap I have had issues with very poor reception; particularly when heading north. Those of you who have changed head units: where are you mounting the antenna? Anyone else having these problems?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I had a Kenwood 690HD installed, and the installer placed the sirius antenna inside, on the left side of the dash, where the windshield meets the dash.

It works great in most conditions, however when there are obstructions (buildings downtown, trees extending over the highway, etc.)it does lose signal briefly. Interstates are no problem. I plan to move it to the middle of the windshield rather than the extreme left side, and test it.

I've had several Porsches with the antenna glued outside in the area between the windshield wipers, and there was never any loss of signal.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I've never had issues like in having with this one. I think the antenna may be too close to the unit itself, so the metal in the head unit is causing issues....

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I had mine mounted just under the dash cluster panel on top of the dash on the driver side ( the panel is velcroed in place). It works 85% as good has the stock antenna.
Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts