The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a 2017 newer avora I could just sit in? Drove earlier one but getting in and out not fun. Love to try '17 to see if easier. I'm in Nor Cal (Grass Valley) Thanks

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,600 Posts
Anyone have a 2017 newer avora I could just sit in? Drove earlier one but getting in and out not fun. Love to try '17 to see if easier. I'm in Nor Cal (Grass Valley) Thanks
You're doing it wrong. First you test drive an Elige. After entering and exiting the Elige a few times, you then get in an Evora. You'll note how much easier it is. Problem solved.

San

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Reach out to Greg at GRP here in Reno. He just bought a 400.
Google Gregs Race Parts thats his business

·
Registered
137 Posts
Post a picture of a large breasted woman claiming to be yourself. Tons of responses.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dus10 thanks for the heads up. And thanks for tips from the rest of you, glad to see humor is still alive. I own a '09 solstice coupe so I can relate to a fun mount and dismount.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
You'll find the 400s MUCH easier to get in and out of.

https://www.caradvice.com.au/726894/2019-porsche-911-gt3-touring-v-lotus-evora-gt410-sport-comparison/?fbclid=IwAR04UUI9KBZxIHaHdWDaK5OhoQaWvDF9Sv-rZ-JVus41LPJrF3PN-bHPObQ

Says: "The first surprise is that it’s easier to climb into the Lotus’s two-piece pews than the Porsche, which is lower set and has a nasty sharp edge to its aggressively shaped one-piece buckets that have no seatback adjustment. The cabin is airier than the Porsche..."

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
My friend has a 2012 Evora which I found a little tough getting in and out of. So was very surprised how easy it is in the 400. From reading found they made sill narrower and lower.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
The 400 is indeed easier to get out of due to the changes Redsled mentioned.

However, I got to go with San's suggestion... :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
From pictures of the sill it looks like a complete different car, thats why I want to check one out. After driving a '14 I really liked it.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Dus10 thanks for the heads up. And thanks for tips from the rest of you, glad to see humor is still alive. I own a '09 solstice coupe so I can relate to a fun mount and dismount.
Wow, I went from a Solstice convertible to a 2010 Evora, to a 2014 Evora S, to a 2017 400. Forget about sitting in one, you need to drive it. Once you do you'll have a hard time going back. Even before I moved into the Evora I was a bit shocked at the body roll and the general numbness of feel to the Solstice. Very disappointing in a car that looks so good. Makes you wonder if they would have ever improved the handling if the car and company survived.

*edit: never mind . . . I see you've already driven one.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey I live nearby. I'm from Yuba City and I am in Grass Valley about once a month. I have a MY2012 Evora. Feel free to hit me up if you grab one. You got some fun places to drive in your neck of the woods. Just be careful for the deer lol

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
You're doing it wrong. First you test drive an Elige. After entering and exiting the Elige a few times, you then get in an Evora. You'll note how much easier it is. Problem solved.

San
Spot on. After years with an Elise and getting a helmet in and out, the 2011 Evora is almost like my Honda. About the same as climbing in and out of the Tundra.

I actually prefer the 2011 to the later models. The ingress/egress thing is a nice part of a real sportscar.

·
Loves to talk
1,101 Posts
The 400 is an easy to use everyday affair with ease of getting in and out just being the beginning. The only thing the 400 doesn’t have compared to any other like car, and this is true of all Evoras, is clear vision to the rear. Ergonomically it’s a surprisingly refined setup. By that I mean seating and driving comfort, control positions and intuitiveness and also as we’ve said, has easy entrance/egress. I’m 73, have crap for knees and I’m not little but the car easy to use. Meanwhile, getting in and out of an Exige is always a riotous and ungainly affair for me. NVH is also excellent, and mine is rattle free. Don’t listen to the Elise/Exige guys. They all get combat pay.

Like I said, though most people probably don’t, you can drive a 400 everyday without feeling put out at all and you even get used to the limited rear vision as you would in any number of more difficult to live with exotics.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts