The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been on here for several months learning about the cars & shopping the for sale section. The site always worked well for me. For a few weeks now the site has gotten PAINFULLY slow, like a minute to log on, a minute after I click on a thread, many times getting locked & than a message that says that the site is not responding & needs to be refreshed. Is there a specific program I can check on my computer to try to resolve this? I'm not having issues on any other sites. :shrug: Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
948 Posts
No issues here. Try clicking on User CP. On the left under Settings and Options click on Edit Options. scroll all the way to the bottom. Under Forum Skin click on classic.

Don't know if it will work but at a minimum it is easier on the eyes.

·
Administrator
1,423 Posts
I've been on here for several months learning about the cars & shopping the for sale section. The site always worked well for me. For a few weeks now the site has gotten PAINFULLY slow, like a minute to log on, a minute after I click on a thread, many times getting locked & than a message that says that the site is not responding & needs to be refreshed. Is there a specific program I can check on my computer to try to resolve this? I'm not having issues on any other sites. :shrug: Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Hi there,
Can you please note the time and the date of the slowdown? Also, can you please post a screenshot of when you get the message? Also, please include the URL of the page. And what is the browser and evice you are using?

Thanks,
Marie

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hi there,
Can you please note the time and the date of the slowdown? Also, can you please post a screenshot of when you get the message? Also, please include the URL of the page. And what is the browser and evice you are using?

Thanks,
Marie
Hi Marie, it happens all different times of the day, it doesn't seem to matter. I'm using Internet Explorer on a home PC. It happens no matter where I am on the site. Is this a Vertical Scope site? If it is I'm on a motorcycle site by them (Gixxer.com) frequently & never had an issue. Thanks for any advice or help. I feel like I've gone back to a phone modem. I'm not sure about the URL of the page, I'm old & dopey with computers! I had to Google how to do a screenshot. :wallbang:

Attachments

·
Sold my Exige S
930 Posts
Oldfart: Your version of Internet Explorer (IE) is likely outdated and can't properly resolve this website's code. Either download the latest version of IE, or try Google Chrome or Firefox and see if the problem persists. For fun, I just loaded this website in a really old version of IE and look what happened!

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Moved to Forum Feedback section so that admin will see it :up:
Thanks for all of your help. I do have the latest IE, but I just tried logging in with Firefox & the site works fine when using that browser. I guess I'll dump my IE & try downloading a fresh version. Thanks again, that slow motion loading & locking was killing me!

·
Nein Kinder
1,568 Posts
Thanks for all of your help. I do have the latest IE, but I just tried logging in with Firefox & the site works fine when using that browser. I guess I'll dump my IE & try downloading a fresh version. Thanks again, that slow motion loading & locking was killing me!
I try to avoid these old systems like the plague, but if you're on something really old like Windows XP, Microsoft makes you use Internet Explorer 6 . . . they purposely degraded that browser to be all but useless for viewing current web pages.

Glen

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I try to avoid these old systems like the plague, but if you're on something really old like Windows XP, Microsoft makes you use Internet Explorer 6 . . . they purposely degraded that browser to be all but useless for viewing current web pages.

Glen
I have IE 11 with Windows 7 on a 5 year old Lenovo PC with a quad chip, I forget the speed. Odd thing is everything was fine until a few weeks ago. :shrug: At least I know I can switch over to Firefox if I need to.

·
Administrator
1,423 Posts
Thanks for keeping us updated, did you ever try adding the site to compatibility mode?

To add a site to always be viewed in compatibility mode, perform the following:

Open Internet Explorer.
From the Tools icon, select Compatibility View settings.
Enter the website URL and click Add.
Click Close.

Thanks,
Marie

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I appreciate the input & help. It turned out my IE 11 had issues & I finally gave up trying to fix it. I dumped all the way back to IE 8 & then I kept getting 11 refusing to download with messages saying I am missing prerequisites needed to download 11. Tons of other people having the same issue from what I Googled. I was starting to feel like I had gone back to my 56K modem! I'm running Chrome now & it is blazing fast with no glitches. :clap:

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Outstanding prompt and helpful replies from Mods and Admin!

Thanks for looking out for us!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts