The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,643 Posts
Site loading has been as slow as heck in the past few days (since the weekend). Just now, it took 31 seconds from the time I clicked on the Topic list in the Feedback & Site Issues to the time it loaded. Using firefox 62.0.3 on a Windows 10 'puter.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Site loading has been as slow as heck in the past few days (since the weekend). Just now, it took 31 seconds from the time I clicked on the Topic list in the Feedback & Site Issues to the time it loaded. Using firefox 62.0.3 on a Windows 10 'puter.
Agreed, I almost abandoned replying to this post as it was taking so long to load....:confused:

·
`08 Elise-SC-220
518 Posts
+1

·
Administrator
1,423 Posts
Hey guys,

We're currently working on the slowness issues. Our tech is currently working on releasing a patch to address the slowness issue. We'll update you as soon as we know more.

Niall

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Ironic that it took me several minutes to get this frustrated post in.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The site has been pretty bad over the last few months for me. I find that the only way I can do anything is to use the AutoGuide app. Trying to get to the site from my computer takes so long I lose interest.

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Definitely faster today. Significantly!

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
18 to 27 seconds to get a response from this website

click to login 18 seconds
click to look at my posts 18 seconds
oops it gives me the wrong answer, [no posts]
click again 24 seconds
click to second page whoa only 5 seconds
click on my last post here to get to thread. 18 seconds

there are what 10 or 15 people reading this site

ridiculous

worse, it is non functional, the site may as well not exist if it takes 2 minutes to make a simple query

took 30 seconds for this post to load.............

·
Nein Kinder
1,568 Posts
@Administrator - This site continues to suffer very slow page retrieval times and very slow upload while posting replies. I’ve experienced this over the last 6 days across multiple devices and multiple WiFi connections in 4 different states (I’m traveling).

You need the help of someone who isn’t guessing what the problem is and will, instead, use their knowledge, skills and experience to diagnose the problem and apply an appropriate remedy. Please make this happen.

Glen

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,369 Posts
@Administrator - This site continues to suffer very slow page retrieval times and very slow upload while posting replies. I’ve experienced this over the last 6 days across multiple devices and multiple WiFi connections in 4 different states (I’m traveling).

You need the help of someone who isn’t guessing what the problem is and will, instead, use their knowledge, skills and experience to diagnose the problem and apply an appropriate remedy. Please make this happen.

Glen
It took over ten seconds just to quote you, and I don't disagree with what you said, but poking the administrators in the eye doesn't typically help.

I suspect this site's administrators have multiple sites to take care of, and it's hard to tell what's happening behind the scenes. It's also very likely that this isn't the largest site they maintain, with regards to members and revenue, which influences prioritization.

Even the best administrators come across problems that aren't easily solved. This site is very slow lately. We, everyone, would like this issue to be resolved. I'm sure the administrators are working on this, but in the meantime it is what it is.

@administrators If there's anything the members here can do to help isolate or troubleshoot this issue, please let us know. Thanks.

San

21 - 40 of 63 Posts