The Lotus Cars Community banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I work for the worlds largest software company... we have GIGANTIC Internet pipes. Even with that much bandwidth this site has been unbelievably slow for awhile now. Hope they get it sorted...

·
Administrator
1,423 Posts
Hey there,

Will look into this, they have recently released a patch but I can double check if that went through for this site.
Usually, it's the number of resources that that forum contains that can be causing these slowdowns.
I gave this a test and got around 3-5 seconds of load time today. 11:15AM EST.
How's the speed today?

EDIT: took less than 5 seconds to post this.

Ed

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,643 Posts
EDIT: took less than 5 seconds to post this.

Ed
As of 12:30 EDT the site took 45 seconds to load. :( This on my desktop computer, Win 10.

While I was waiting, I looked at postings from a non-Autoguide site. ONE SECOND to load, 3 secs for me to see which topic interested me, and 1 second to open the list...:facepalm

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Seems ok to me at the moment

·
Administrator
1,423 Posts
When slowness occurs.
Do you see any site that's being hung on? It could say either waiting for/connecting to
It should appear on the bottom left corner of the browser.

Ed

·
Administrator
1,423 Posts
Are any of those who are experiencing slowness also using adblockers? And if so, can you try removing it and reinstalling it? Just disabling isn't enough, as even disabled adblocker still interact with site communication a fair bit.

If things speed up after removing adblocker, and then return after you add it back, then it would be a good idea to try a different adblocker plugin.

And of course, if you are dealing with slowness without an adblocker, let me know that too

Kevin

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
delay is not bad now, maybe 5 seconds, makes no difference not logged in with Chrome[I see some ads] and logged in or not in Firefox[ad blocked]

I will try it sometime if the delay is bad so the difference would be larger

·
Registered
948 Posts
Extremely slow today. 30+ seconds to open a thread and several minutes for a post to to through. "waiting for www.lotustalk.com" in the lower left.

What is strange is when others have complained of a site slow down I am usually not affected.

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Site is medium slow on my PC but kinda sorta normal on my iphone[logged in safari no ads visible]

·
Registered
425 Posts
Lately when im googling lotustalk.com + [whatever im looking for] , the results i click on give a super large full page ad that i cannot X out of...if i go back and click the link again, same thing occurs. Makes it complicated useless to search

I think a “donate” option should be created with payment via paypal, if that means the additional funds will help the site work properly. Super annoying lately, and i would go elsewhere if another lotus community existed for the US.. the UK forums have little activity and no relevance

iOS / Safari

·
Saffron Yellow is Lighter
1,266 Posts
Its extremely slow lately, in fact I just got a database error trying to access this page.

·
Administrator
1,423 Posts
Lately when im googling lotustalk.com + [whatever im looking for] , the results i click on give a super large full page ad that i cannot X out of...if i go back and click the link again, same thing occurs. Makes it complicated useless to search

I think a “donate” option should be created with payment via paypal, if that means the additional funds will help the site work properly. Super annoying lately, and i would go elsewhere if another lotus community existed for the US.. the UK forums have little activity and no relevance

iOS / Safari
Can you screenshot this full page ad you're seeing? If you're coming from google to here, it may be something in between. Let us know.

Its extremely slow lately, in fact I just got a database error trying to access this page.
What were you doing at the time? And can you screenshot and post the DB error? We need to see what the code is.

- JB

·
Saffron Yellow is Lighter
1,266 Posts
You could become a member which is a "donation". Though I am not sure where that money goes. But it stops a lot of popups too.

·
Registered
425 Posts

iOS / Safari
Can you screenshot this full page ad you're seeing? If you're coming from google to here, it may be something in between. Let us know.
See attached
I noticed there is a small circle with a lightning symbol next to some of the search results. Once i click on the link, you can see the full page ad. I am logged in while searching so not sure why this happens

Attachments

41 - 60 of 63 Posts