The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

There she is. She arrived a little salty from the sea spray, but nothing the Wikiwiki Wash (Coin operated wash) couldn't solve. This new toy belongs to my fiancé. She has good taste;) . Now her challenge is to beat my Miata around the autocross course.
I'm sure there will be plenty of questions for the forums in the coming weeks.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Beating your Miata in an autox.

If your GF drives as good as the car looks, you're in a lot of trouble.

Enjoy the ride!

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Congrats, i don't think an Elise beating a Miata is going to be that big of a deal, after she's through with you i see you singing your song... :D

Baby, I think tonight
We can take what was wrong and make it right
Baby, it's all I know that you're half of the flesh
And blood that makes me whole, I need you so.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I took out her Z4 no problem, but to be fair to her that car really lacked the driver communication that is required in a successful autocross car. That and the Miata is driven without fear. I know that in the coming weeks she will get a feel for the Elise. With a set of solid tires she could contend for FTD at our small club.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Did they ship it in it's own container?

Saw a red Esprit in Lahina a couple of years ago - there are at least two lotus cars in Maui!

Rich

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did they ship it in it's own container?

Saw a red Esprit in Lahina a couple of years ago - there are at least two lotus cars in Maui!

Rich
I'm aware of a turbo yellow one that participates in autocross, a silver one on the north shore, and a purple one too. There are too many good windy driving roads on Maui not to have an Elise.

The car was not in a container, just on deck on a barge from Oahu.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts

There she is. She arrived a little salty from the sea spray, but nothing the Wikiwiki Wash (Coin operated wash) couldn't solve. This new toy belongs to my fiancé. She has good taste;) . Now her challenge is to beat my Miata around the autocross course.
I'm sure there will be plenty of questions for the forums in the coming weeks.
Let me know if you or your fiance ever want an instructor, my wife keeps bugging me to get back to Maui:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Take it to the 7 waterfalls or something... I remember driving that road... no fun in a rented crapmobile but would be tons of fun in an Elise.
You Sir are speaking of Oheo gulch by way of Hana Highway. That's exactly what the car has in store for it. I believe that Hana Highway is one of the great drivers roads out there. A great mixture of scenic beauty and technical corners. Rental Mustangs and Chrysler 200s watch out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts