The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the risk of asking a really stupid question :shrug:, can anyone tell me if the width of the Exige S of 68" is mirror-to-mirror or panel-to-panel? I am trying to plan my garage space layout and the flooring for the area.

If anyone has a flooring idea too, that would be great. I am leaning towards a tile or a mat surface that I can jack up/jack stand the car and work on it without worrying about it indenting (permanently) and comfortably kneel on or slide around under the car. I do not know if an epoxy surface will stand up to the abuse of me dropping (or throwing) tools.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
6,981 Posts

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
My friend has Racedeck tiles in his garage and he's able to jackup his 3200 lbs. car on it and no problem/damage on the tiles. There are cheaper alternatives, but i believe Racedeck is the premium brand for garage tiles. He had epoxy'd floor in a previous house, but he didn't like it and the manufacturer wouldn't warranty the covering when it got damaged...

RaceDeck® Garage Flooring, Portable Commercial Modular Garage Floors, Epoxy Floor Coating, Car Floor Mat, Tiles & Cover

If you're budget conscious, here's a chinese knockoff of Racedeck:
Costco - MotoFloor® Modular Garage Flooring

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the links and info - much appreciated, though I am not sure about the tape measure suggestion and if that is to measure the car I do not have yet (I guess I could go to the local dealer), or if it was the tool he keeps handy while checking out those scantily clad women? :D I need the width because the Lotus will have to share the 3rd car space with file cabinets I use for work, so I need to figure out the best placement.

In any event, as usual, all you guys have great suggestions and now I just need to decide. I kind of liked the race flooring I saw in the pit boxes at Le Mans too - looks similar to the that race deck.

Thanks all........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts