The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Say no to driving shoes

I never understood why people wear "driving shoes" when driving without shoes is the best!

:shift:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
dayum i thought i was going to get some money before i clicked.! :(

guess its back to the pumas.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
I never understood why people wear "driving shoes" when driving without shoes is the best!

:shift:
That's why all the pro racers race barefoot ? Seriously though I think one of the admins had an old thread about slicing the hell out of their bare foot on the dead pedal or clutch, those things are pretty sharp

·
Registered
87 Posts
dead pedal has some sharpish points on it, just keep your foot on top of it rather than under it. Today I just finally got out a small piece of glass from my foot thats been in there for almost 2 years now!!! This will make the brake pedal much more comfortable to step on barefoot now. I suggest against trying to heal-toe barefoot though, MUCH easier with driving shoes.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
That's why all the pro racers race barefoot ? Seriously though I think one of the admins had an old thread about slicing the hell out of their bare foot on the dead pedal or clutch, those things are pretty sharp
That was Randy's post...with photos...very ugly. :eek: In many places it is illegal (for good reason) to drive barefoot. At the very least, get some mocs or similar to ensure that a misplaced foot won't cause you grief and possibly an accident.

·
shay2nak
24,997 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I drove my lotus 500 miles when I picked it up BARE FOOT because I was only wearing Flip flops and hit both pedals with those on lol.

Now THATs uncomfortable

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
It HURTS to drive the Lotus without shoes. Then again, it hurts even more to drive it with dress shoes on...woe is me.

And my shoes are size 14. I want some MONEY!
But... do they match your murse?
rotfl

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
^wrestling shoes look like they would work, except the whole flame retardant aspect LOL

chuck taylors and classic vans are a good compromise between regular tennis shoes and racing type shoes

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Big footed freaks.... not good for a lotus

heck big freaks in general not good for a lotus, the weight alone is like two people all the time, and I can only imagine if you are driving another person around...

bare feet??? please..... PILOTI is all you need to know

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
In many places it is illegal (for good reason) to drive barefoot.
Show me. Every state has some people that think it's illegal. But so far, all that have been looked into it have found that it's a myth.

You know what myths are right? Those are those things that are too vague to prove otherwise and when said with enough conviction, often convince others to spread it around as if they are verified facts.

So if this isn't one of those cases, then try naming at least 1 place where you have or can verify it to be true and state it explicitly. Posting a weblink to that specific law or ordinance would greatly increase credibility.

I'll start. When I went to driver's ed in TX, we were specifically told that it's a myth and that there are no laws forbidding driving barefoot. The instructor then advised us to at least take a pair of shoes with us in case we have to get out of the car and spend any amount of time standing or walking on the asphalt. Of course, I cannot provide a weblink to that but then state's don't maintain lists of all the things that are "not laws" so it wouldn't be fair to ask me to. ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts