The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I am currently looking to rebuild the famous Emma Peel blue Lotus Elan, but can anyone tell me what the make and model was for the CB radio. I have seen a few pictures on the internet of her using it but I can’t seem to find the make of it. Thanks Scott

·
Registered
480 Posts
Pics please.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Hey, I am currently looking to rebuild the famous Emma Peel blue Lotus Elan, but can anyone tell me what the make and model was for the CB radio. I have seen a few pictures on the internet of her using it but I can’t seem to find the make of it. Thanks Scott
THE Emma Peel Elan that appeared in the series, or are you building a replica?

Makes one wonder where the Tara Europa from the same series is, or the 7 from The Prisoner series. The actual white Esprit from Bond (not the sub...that was just a body). The Pretty Woman Esprit is accounted for.

·
Registered
1 Posts
SJH 499D Radio fit.

In series 5 episode 2 the car ( SJH 499D ) was fitted with a Pye 6 Channel Vanguard AM25T

The Control Unit can be seen located in the glove box. The main tx/rx unit would normally have been located elsewhere.

The Vanguard models were superseded by the Pye Westminster and Olympic range.

The Pye ranges were widely used in various UK government departments and the military. They have also seen service with the emergency services in the UK, some ending their working lives fitted in taxis......

Production life: 1962 - 1970
Standard frequency range: VHF 25 - 174 MHz, UHF 450 - 470 MHz
Transmitter RF output: AM25T 20W, FM25B 60W, B100FM 100W
Primary model variants: B10AM, AM25B, AM25T, FM25B, B100FM, U30FM, VM, etc.

Below is a link to the service manual which contains some drawings.

http://www.vmarsmanuals.co.uk/archive/4316_Pye_AM25T_Vanguard_Service_Manual.pdf

Regards,
BM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts