The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some background history: I purchased a 2017 Lotus Evora 400 back in mid February 2020 just before the Covid 19 restrictions. The vehicle had 2 miles on the odometer and it was never titled. I had the car shipped from another state that is some distance from my home. At the time, I went over the car pretty thoroughly with the Lotus dealer. The warranty was punched some time ago so I purchased the car with no factory warranty. The car now has a grand total 265 miles on the odometer. When I detailed the car, I found on the rear bumper three areas (each a couple of inches in diameter) where I have small bubbles in the paint.

Any ideas on what is going on with my paint?

·
Premium Member
6,935 Posts
Picture please

·
Registered
413 Posts
a. it could be just a bubble under the protective film if installed, please provide a pic
b. more importantly, you may actually have a warranty if it was never titled. DO NOT talk to your dealer, instead contact Lotus US directly and ask them to confirm your warranty expiration date and that you had received mixed information from salesmen and want to be sure. They hold the final value all dealers see for repairs. If never titled, you may have a very pleasant surprise.

[email protected]

Last Year it was BRIAN SHEPHERD .

·
Registered
592 Posts
That’s one of the best autocorrects I’ve ever seen. I’m sure L’Oreal has a lot of experience smoothing out troubled skin. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
64 Posts
When the topcoat layer of the car paint swells up then it appears like blisters or bubbles. When moisture somehow gets trapped underneath the coating then it leads to blistering, usually after 2 to 3 months of painting. Low-quality thinner that evaporates too quickly is also one of the main reasons behind blistering.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone --- I had the opportunity to look at the paint with a strong raking light. It looks like the bubbles are in the clear coat and not the yellow paint. I tried taking a few photos but they don't show up well. I think I am a bit more comfortable with my paint situation at least for now. My next project with the car is to deal with a bad window motor/regulator on the drivers side door.

I am also going to check on the warranty status but I am usually not that lucky.

Evie1.jpeg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts