The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new here and excited to be part of the Lotus family. I recently purchasesd a 2006 Elise with just 5,800 miles. Super pumped! Anyway, today I was cleaning the MAF sensor for the first time. There is another wire with a grey clip coming from the same group of wires that went to the MAF sensor. Problem is the wire with the grey clip wasn’t attached to anything. Anyone know what it goes to? I do have an K&N cold air intake installed and so I’m wondering if it went to something on the old air box and is now no longer needed. I just can’t seem to see what it would go to and I spent a long time looking. Perhaps there’s a hidden connection somewhere that I’m not seeing. Thanks in advance for any help you all are able to provide.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Photo(s) might help determine what wire it is and where it may go...

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,041 Posts
It's the oem airbox actuator for the 'flapper' that opens when the high lift cam is activated
at around 6200 rpms. Zip tie it away. You are probably losing low end torque with an aftermarket intake.
May want to consider stock.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here’s a pic of it. Thank you all for your responses. Very helpful and glad to know It’s not supposed to be connected to something now that the new intake is in there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@sleepe That’s good to know. It was an upgrade offered by Wirewheel in Florida where I purchased. I can’t imagine they would have offered it as an option as they know their stuff. Having said that, I’ll definitely ask them about it. I take it that has been your experience? They also upgraded the exhaust to the Exige setup.
It's the oem airbox actuator for the 'flapper' that opens when the high lift cam is activated
at around 6200 rpms. Zip tie it away. You are probably losing low end torque with an aftermarket intake.
May want to consider stock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts