The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
I am the same boat kinda. I'm swapping my old 70mm (2.75") pulley down to a 65mm one (2.55") on my REV400. According to the math I'll need 8.3mm shorter belt length (190 degree pulley arc). I'm going to try and keep my existing belt and see...
Hi David Steve and I did the same swap, you will be fine with the same belt 2020 mm

·
Registered
948 Posts
If i was to go from the std 3,3" pully, and down to a 3,1" , do i need a new belt for this, or will the tensioner pick up the extra play?

The answer to your question is you dont need a new belt. The tensioner will pick up the extra play with a 3.1.

With a 3.0 it is suggested to change the belt for a shorter one.

I run a 3.1 myself since 2009 and my 3.0 pulley + belt is on the table because I'm still wondering if I will install it or not.

·
Registered
70 Posts
okay, so Q&A time,
I have an '06 Exige Cup240 with AC. What is mine lacking that enables my stock belt to be a 6PK1930 then?
I have the stock SC Pulley. Are there other pulley sizes that can vary? I looked up the PN for a stock replacement belt for mine and it said 6PK2005!
I know the 1930 fits as that's what's on it now! Does the US version have a smog pump or something? Can't find much reference to what may differ.
I'm concerned as I want to run a 3.1" pulley but now have no idea what belt! Thinking 1920-1925 as I don't want to stress my tensioner.
Thoughts?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm running a smaller 3.0 pulley without issues just replace the fuel pump and 550cc injectors just in case... but the stock pump and 440cc injectors can handle the new pulley.

I have many track day's since the new pulley without a ecu tune and works fine

·
Registered
434 Posts
I'm running a smaller 3.0 pulley without issues just replace the fuel pump and 550cc injectors just in case... but the stock pump and 440cc injectors can handle the new pulley.

I have many track day's since the new pulley without a ecu tune and works fine
You know you are necroposting thread from 2015? :wink2:

21 - 25 of 25 Posts