The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They aren't that powerfull, but they look really good.

I'm not the greatest with search engines, but I'll give it a go.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
jaken said:
Not legal in Canada, but the Smart Fortwo is.
I have a girlfriend in europe who has one (red). I was really impressed at the finish on the interior. The seats were really cool. Perfect for where she lives (Paris, FR) parking is a real problem there.
I believe the smart is a made by Mercedes and designed by the Swatch. Pretty cool.

Neil

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love the video. Thanks.:bow:

For now I'm kinda considering getting a Fortwo coupe. Very reliable, and about 60 miles to the gallon.

Also I don't think the US will be getting Smarts until 2006.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
jaken said:
I love the video. Thanks.:bow:

For now I'm kinda considering getting a Fortwo coupe. Very reliable, and about 60 miles to the gallon.

Also I don't think the US will be getting Smarts until 2006.
Your welcome. I am glad you liked it. Make sure you post picts of your new car when you get it. 60 miles per gallon!:eek: That's insane!

Neil

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They are already here
If you go to smart.com and select the United States, it says they will arive in 2006, and on the Canadian site it says you can't export them to the US.

Here they are sold only through Mercedes dealers.
They are comming to Canada late September, as I just found out. Mercedes in Winnipeg has about 30 deposits.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Dan said:
They are already here. ZAP here in California has the exclusive US distribution rights.
I saw one of these last weekend in Newport Beach...a blue one.

Personally, I prefer the original (current) Smart cars much more than the SUV (?!?!) Mercedes plans to import. As if we need another SUV. Also, it just seems counter to what the Smart was all about in the first place.

Anyway, the Smart City 2-seater is a great little car for running around the beach cities here. I'm not sure it work as well in Iowa, though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts