The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Give dealers an incentive, that being higher allocations, if they are able to help Lotus dump the last load of Esprits. It's like in the movie Glen Garry - Glen Ross.
If the salesmen wanted the new, hot , easy to sell leads they had to 'first' sell some of the old 'dead' ones.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
THE 04 Esprits have literally been flying out the doors of LCU. I think only a dozen or so left.

Chris

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Ridgemanron said:
Give dealers an incentive, that being higher allocations, if they are able to help Lotus dump the last load of Esprits. It's like in the movie Glen Garry - Glen Ross.
If the salesmen wanted the new, hot , easy to sell leads they had to 'first' sell some of the old 'dead' ones.
Are you trolling for Esprit owners now:)

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: Smart salesmanship says......

Patricko said:
Are you trolling for Esprit owners now:)
I, as a dealer, would have approached Martha Stewart to offer the car around. Thing is, she's a bit busy with other items right now.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ridgemanron said:
I'm not sure we really want them to follow Glengarry Glen Ross. It'd be great if Lotus marketed their cars to nurses - preferably hot, single ones - but after the Esprits were sold there'd only be two Lotus dealers left in the U.S. 'cause everyone else would have won third prize.

But what do I know... I just like talking to salesmen.

- Bruce Nyborg

·
Registered
963 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
THE 04 Esprits have literally been flying out the doors of LCU. I think only a dozen or so left.

Chris
There are still two new ones here in Tampa for sale.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Ridgemanron said:
This type of practice is already used by most manufacturers.

·
Registered
247 Posts
zvezdah1 said:

Chris
Lotus is probably forcing them down dealers throats in order to receive their Elise allocation:D

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Canyon Carver said:
Lotus is probably forcing them down dealers throats in order to receive their Elise allocation:D
There was a rumor that Lotus forced each dealership to take one Esprit if they wanted an Elise allocation.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
atyclb said:
There was a rumor that Lotus forced each dealership to take one Esprit if they wanted an Elise allocation.
Newport European has two Esprits on the lot so do they get a double allocation:D

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
I don't forcing dealers to take them so much as it's dealers figure it's the best way to insure a decent allocation.

Chris

1 - 12 of 12 Posts