The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today when I got out of the car I noticed smoke coming from the right side of the radiator. It didnt have a burning smell to it and only the right side was hot. The AC or heat hasn't been ran at all today. It hasnt been driven hard recently either. Anyone know any causes for this?

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
White, grey or black smoke?

No Pope selection jokes...:D

Any noticeable smell?

White could be coolant and water or just steam from surface water. Grey could be electrical, but it would have a distinct acrid smell. Black could be oil.
Maybe there's a leak in the line to the oil cooler.

Tom

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There wasnt a noticeable smell from the inside or out. And yes, the car was caught in a torrential downpour of rain.

·
Registered
557 Posts
There wasnt a noticeable smell from the inside or out. And yes, the car was caught in a torrential downpour of rain.
It's simply steam from the remains of the downpour boiling off the radiator.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I still remember the first time it happened to me; taking the car for a spin after a wash, only to see smoke coming from the radiator when waiting for the traffic lights. It really freaked me out at the time. :)

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Radiator fire. Happens all the time.:tadts:

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
963 Posts
Because you bet against an Evo, god has condemned you...'tis all.
And he's covering it up by making it SEEM like water boiling off of a radiator. :D

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Because you bet against an Evo, god has condemned you...'tis all.
And he's covering it up by making it SEEM like water boiling off of a radiator. :D
God likes me.... he told me the other day. And I already knew it was water boiling off the radiator. I just wanted to make sure people on here knew.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
And I already knew it was water boiling off the radiator. I just wanted to make sure people on here knew.
rotflrotflrotflrotflrotflrotflrotflrotflrotflrotfl

·
Registered
263 Posts
:tadts:

·
Registered
963 Posts
God likes me.... he told me the other day. And I already knew it was water boiling off the radiator. I just wanted to make sure people on here knew.
Yeah, that's really smart. Make sure we know stuff. I'll make a thread saying "Lotus gets good handling...how come?" rotflrotflrotflrotflrotfl

And god likes everyone, but sometimes his love is a bit..delayed. :D

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
It happens to me alot on cold mornings when dew collects on the radiator. I've driven autocrosses where the first run I will start out with a little steam coming up and as soon as I start my run, the steam will float back to my windshield and blind my view.:panic:

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
you should not be concerned or care until you see fire :thwack:

:D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts