The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Dude that garage looks killer, nice work on that - mark me as jelly - I need to do something with mine...
Thanks - it was all DIY, and pretty straight forward. Hardest part was emptying the garage (had a living room full of stuff for a week-ish).

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Exige
108 Posts
Just redid the garage... been meaning to show it off here :)

(racedeck tile, newage pro cabinetry, tirerack tire rack, fastrack for Hockey stuff. heavy duty shelving for storage bins, and two large proslat slatwalls for modular storage (bikes, kid toys, etc))

View attachment 1273976

View attachment 1273977
nice looking garage. Looks like in the second shot you also have a nice red coupe and blue speedster!:)
I had 4 kids, remember those days.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
nice looking garage. Looks like in the second shot you also have a nice red coupe and blue speedster!:)
I had 4 kids, remember those days.
2 kids, and neighbors who also like to play with em. Went with slatwall so the garage can "grow/change" as the kids grow. Just move the hooks around.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anyone else just like poke your head in the garage to look at your car and get a smile on your face? It’s extra hard now that the weather has turned in Utah and I can’t drive it... (excuse the dirty car, waiting for a nice day to wash it before getting the car cover on it for the year)
View attachment 1273898
I live in Salt Lake and drive my Esprit every day it's not snowing!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Out of curiosity. How tall is your ceiling?
9.5' in the tray ceiling. The other consideration for height is the garage door. I had the track shortened as much as possible and used a Liftmaster 8500 side mount garage door opener. As you can see for our cars there is no issue stacking them. I was able to build the tray ceiling without lifting the roof by installing a power beam for better structural support of the existing roof so I didn't need to file for any architectural modifications with the HOA. I now have two lifts in the garage fit side by side. I really need to sell a car or two because there is "no vacancy" at the inn but I enjoy all of them.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I’d really prefer a car or two in the living room, but I settled for a glass door and side-lite(s) on the upper garage. Now I see them whenever I’m on that side of the house. I switch the cars out from time to time for a change. 🙂
68A17F65-E958-4249-9DC9-2D993940BD97.jpeg

5BA89D94-8946-4F32-A1DC-7B2F0649219E.jpeg

·
Registered
10 Posts
OMG, I love the car lift! I wish I had the ceiling height to put one in my garage. It would solve so many problems 🤤... Too many wood working tools and too many cars.

·
Registered
73 Posts
OMG, I love the car lift! I wish I had the ceiling height to put one in my garage. It would solve so many problems 🤤... Too many wood working tools and too many cars.
You just need to build a wood shop! By the way, my garage is only 8’9” and I can fit an F Type and an Elise

21 - 40 of 40 Posts