The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some more artsy shots... BTW make sure you keep the radiator air outlet cleared of snow, it can't be clogged up or you'll overheat. It's mentioned in the manual too.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
>>>you don't have a garage?<<<

Sadly, not at the moment. My old house had a 5 car garage, heated, humidity controlled and so forth. And with a full workshop. I miss it!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Stan said:
>>>you don't have a garage?<<<

Sadly, not at the moment. My old house had a 5 car garage, heated, humidity controlled and so forth. And with a full workshop. I miss it!
:( I'd offer you my garage if I get to drive it. :D Poor little girl was probably shivering last night

·
Registered
409 Posts
Mine will be sitting outside al fresco this winter as well. I will avoid driving it in the snow whenever possible - last thing I need is a Hummer H2 on my ass in a blizzard.

·
Registered
2005 elise touring ardent red
612 Posts
stan,
you are still welcome to my hard top if HRM ever delivers to me.

·
Registered
513 Posts
LotusPhish said:
That hurts just to look at.:(
I think it looks pretty cool. When it arrives, mine will be trekking thru the snow all winter, because I don't think I'll be able to not drive it no matter what the weather. :)

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Wow, Stan-that picture screams out for a hard top...or at least a car cover. BTW-is autoX season over for you? I think it'd be funny to do one in the snow.

We have one more here, next Sunday at Atco stadium in Jersey.

·
Registered
495 Posts
The Ring was of course closed due to the snow - so this is what happens late at night when people have too much time on their hands...

Attachments

·
Registered
304 Posts
And here's Ian digging his car up again in the morning :D

Despite the Ring being closed we did have a lot of fun in the snow on the Grand Prix circuits paddock. Sideways-tastic :clap:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
looks like a water pipe froze and ran through the ceiling in an unheated garage to me. I had a pipe freeze above my garage one time - collapsed all the ceiling dry wall into the garage - fortunately both cars were out at the time and it did not freeze - but **** happens....

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Graydon said:
I think it looks pretty cool.
As long as it's not mine! :p Reminds me that I have to clean out my garage before the Elise arrives.

I like snow. But I'd rather drive a Subaru than a Lotus in winter weather. Especially if I can find an empty parking lot at night. :D

Jer: An auto-x on snow is a (winter) rally-x. Or if you're hardcore, I heard that the ice races they have on frozen lakes in Wisconsin are a blast.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts