The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the advice of the board

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f91/skidding-neova-ad07-tires-66650/#post1185726

I ordered snowtires from my local service station. In particular, and in reliance on the owner's manual, I ordered
front Pirelli 210 Snowsport Size - front 195/50 R16
rear Pirelli 240 Snowsport size 215/45 R17.

Ten minutes later, Vito had a baby or a cow. (I think that's the expression.) -eek- His distributor called him back and said the tire size and wheels are mismatched. He said its a crazy size for these tires. He's now waiting for me to tell him whether to order them or not. :confused:

Is this actually the right combination?

Why is the distributor so concerned?

If this is the right combination, is there anything I can tell Vito other than "that's what the manual says"?

Urgent replies would be appreciated.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I drive on Pirelli 195/50 R16 front and Continental 225/45/ R17 rear. different brands since I ve already had these tires. no problems so far

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
His distributor called him back and said the tire size and wheels are mismatched. He said its a crazy size for these tires.
His distributor is right, they are mismatched and crazy sizes. That said, those are the sizes you need.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Problem solved. :nanner: Vito had ordered Pirelli 210 Snowsport Size - front 195/45 R16 instead of front 195/50 R16. :eek: Not only is this a crazy size, Pirelli doesn't even make the tire in this size.

So he ordered the correct size and I should get them next week.

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,115 Posts
My snow tires are Michelin Alpin pa2's
205/50/16
225/45/17

These are mounted to LSS wheels....no problems

You can get whatever tires are close or an exact match to oem specs...I looked at the pirellis first, but realized the 210 and 240 have different speed ratings so I got the alpins.

-robert

·
Registered
13 Posts
We actually have a set of snow tires that were mounted on Exige wheels for sale, very low miles on them too:cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts