The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three years after the deposit, 8 years after I first drooled over the idea of owning one, 14 years after I decided to buy a house instead of an Elan, All is finally right in the world. The car everyone thought didn't exist is now in my driveway.

My delivery experience was a mess to say the least. The lender (Toyota Motor credit) needed the MSO ( a dealer title) in order to finance the car and thus I had to wait to pick up my car for over a week until it arrived first at Princeton from LCU and then was transferred to the local Toyota Dealer handling the deal.:rolleyes: To make it worse, my son had been asking several times a day for over a month when daddy's car would show up.

At the dealer I had an hour orientation by Ramsey which was very good and a 5 minute lesson from Robert Burt (the owner) about how to attach the soft top. For anyone wondering, it is really simple and takes only a few seconds once you get the knack for it. He also announced to me that he will be opening a Lotus Only Showroom in Hopewell N.J. come early 2005. It will be one of only 2 in the entire country!

No matter what the extent of the grief that I had to endure, once I finally entered the dealership and saw my car sitting in the showroom I nearly broke down. I had never seen Lazer Blue in person before and it was everything I thought it would be. It was the end of a very long wait and it was very moving (at least according to my wife who cam along).

Driving it home was a great experience, just as driving every minute since has been. The reaction from others on the road is terrific. Lots of questions but more detailed than I thought. It seems a lot of people actually know what it is! I had one guy ask me today if the car was as good as all the magazines say it is. My answer, "it's much much better"

I think I started a small riot today too. I pulled up in back of a school bus and suddenly the 2 kids in the back window turned into what appeared to be 50 slammed up against the glass pointing and screaming. I honked and flashed my lights and then proceeded to pass the bus. As I passed the kids moved around the bus to follow me. It was a lot of fun. :D

Speaking of kids, I now have a waiting list of all the kids in the neighborhood for rides over the next few weeks. The joy this car brings to people just amazes me. I feel like it's a privilege to own it and almost a duty to give kids that little special experience that they can keep with them for a while and maybe one which will lead them to buy a Lotus in 20-30 years.

I have put on almost 200 miles in the past 24 hours and noticed that the car chips paint very very easily. IF YOU DON'T GET THE STARSHIELD YOU'LL BE SORRY!. I got a paint chip today at the base of the windshield of all places.:rolleyes: Also I recommend, and I know this is going to lead to a lot of flack, a front plate on the car at least at first. No less than 3 times today the front plate added by my dealer against my request managed to "pre-warn" me of a bad curb cut condition. It'll come off in the coming weeks but in the mean time I'll knock the heck out of it if necessary to judge the conditions of the paving at the places I typically travel. More updates as they come about including pics from SurferJer and I together. We're going to try to start another riot by bringing both our car together in one place and see what happens.:D

·
Registered
677 Posts
Wow ... So beautiful!

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
That's awesome! Great color! Can't wait to see LB in person someday, it sounds like a fascinating color to behold.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Looks great, congrats! Too bad about the paint chips though. Roads around here suck and I'm not looking forward to my first chips. I am looking forward to so fun though, if I ever get my car. :(

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
looks awesome... can't wait to see it in person....

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ivan1 said:
looks awesome... can't wait to see it in person....
Anyone else who wants to see it should come to the Club111/ ETalk event on October 3rd in Sherman Ct. where we are now expecting about 5 or 6 elise and a host of other lotuses (as many as 10-15). Show up for the free food, good conversation and meet others you've seen here on the board. Contact me for more info.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts