The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In lieu of the communal dead-horse beating discussion going on in this forum, I thought I'd post something new and interesting, and positive, to actually talk about.

My 2010 Evora has been running perfectly. Yes, I've had issues which many of you know about, but I think her and I have come to an understanding.

She was built in Jan-2010. The warranty expired about last April. I have not taken it.. I mean *her* in for service since. I do my own basic maintenance. And yet, I have not had a single issue I've had to deal with since. WTH LOL. I hope I'm not jinxing myself for saying that LOL! I used to share miles between my RX-8 and the Evora but since giving princess all of my attention she has not once given me any trouble.

This is a true story--- the day I visited the dealer for the last time to pick her up for her final service, we sat there outside the shop for a moment as I checked things over. I thought "Okay, baby, it's just me and you now." I switched her on and the radio sang out the lyrics "I'm sensitive and I'd like to stay that way..." Holy hell! She heard me. I better watch myself!! LOL

Flash forward to last week. I was at one of my favorite coffee shops near my place of work. Cogniscenti in Culver City. It's a tiny hole in the wall with only street parking and she was parked on the curb right in front of the shop. So there I am, sipping my coffee staring at my beauty through the window. I thought to myself wow it's been almost 4 years... I'm still in love with her. Then I realize on the radio was Rick Astley crooning "Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you gonna let you down, never gonna run around and desert you..." LOL

That's how I feel about her. She's *still* the first thing I look forward to every morning. I think about her, every day, all the time.

I better. She's sensitive. rotfl

·
Registered
581 Posts
My wife left for a two month vacation to catch up with her aging parents. At the same time I finally decided to send the car away for oil line recall. The plan was two to three days but was extended 2 weeks due to frozen oil cooler fittings. They had to order replacement coolers.

For a while I was more concern on my separation with my car.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
626 Posts
Coming up on two years for mine. Still like to walk around the car when I return so I can see it from different angles. Definitely still in love.

That being said, I'm in negotiations to order a 2014 S. Is that being disloyal? Or is that just proof of just how much I love my car?

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
3 years in, 50.000 Km later my warranty expires this month. I've normally changed all my cars after 3 years, but the Evora is different. Instead of changing my car, this time I'll change the car. Komotec stage 2 is planned for March, BOE CAI was last month and who knows how things continue.

·
Illegal Alien
5,259 Posts
Two year anniversary in a few days and still in love.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
15 months and I MUST find a replacement Evora for her. Nothing else even interests me.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Holy Crap Squid, you were "RickRolled" by your own car rotfl

·
Registered
7,243 Posts
My hands are pretty sore and soiled from swapping out the trans on the Elise today, just over 7 years in. I can truly say I'm still excited to continue to learn more about her.

Road Atlanta this next weekend!

·
Registered
128 Posts
One year and 9500 miles in. Car going in for first service, 300+miles away. Will miss her. She is my DD and getting up to go to work, and coming home, makes it an extra joy to go to work. To bad work is just an in-city commute with stop and go traffic.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts

·
Toys R us!
273 Posts
you guys crack me up...rotfl
so happy you all are still "in love" and no one seems to have a Ferrari mistress plaything....I am thoroughly enjoying my Evora and my husband likes her as well, he said "her hips remind me of yours"....hehehe funny...:huh::rolleyes: i must admit, she has great curves...;)

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
My third summer is coming up and I can't wait. I still have the second oil line recall to deal with, but most of the other niggles seem to be over and done with. Maybe the winter absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that, but I still love this car. Every time I drive it, I love it more. ;)

·
Asst. Helmet Tester
1,229 Posts
Glad to hear it Squid! You've put more [warranty] work into the relationship than most of us will ever have to, so it's good to know that there's hope that the feeling will continue for the rest of us that have it.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Got to spend a weekend with a 2013S IPS last June. Still want one real bad and hope to pull the trigger someday. Like my Exige - love the Evora!

That counts…right?

:)

·
Registered
498 Posts
Cool Squid your one of the first in the USA to own an Evora.. I kept my 2011 Evora for 23 months and she never had an issue other than the rear sub not working from day one. My MAX is about 24 months then I move on to the next chapter in my journey of sports car ownership.. On 1/15/14 I purchased my 24th sports car since being a teen .. This doesn't include my daily drivers and I am till in my mid 40's.. My 24th would have been the new Lotus ESPRIT but Lotus decided to pull the plug...

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Squidward,

I'm glad that you survived all the initial headaches with your Evora. My 2009 Elise has had only two trivial issues.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
3 years for me this summer. 33k miles so far - many at the track (more starting next month).

I regret not a single mile and still look forward to more.

There is a nasty ice/sleet storm that took over my state the past couple of days and I was JUST getting back into driving regularly in my Evora and now I'm back in the Murano. Sad days lol.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts