The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So.Cal: "Open House" at SilverStar Lotus APRIL 19! IT'S OVER! OLD NEWS!

Thousand Oaks SilverStar Lotus dealership hosted an Open House Saturday April 19th starting at 10:30 AM. It was well attended. The top mechanic (Richie) was there to answer questions and a tour of the service bay. A Lotus "Cup" was there as the "Club Racer" and Type 72D as well as many new Exiges and Elises!:D

Donuts and coffee was served. After the open house we checked out the roads in the Santa Monica Mountains a stone throw's distance!:nanner:

Lotus Open House at SilverStar T.O. Lotus Dealership April 19th:

1. Hal '05 SY Elise
2. Ara '07 GG Exige S
3. Zen Dude '07 KG Elise
4. James '05 GG Elise
5. Hal '05 SY Elise
6. Ara '07 GG Exige S
7. Zen Dude '07 KG Elise
8. James '05 GG Elise
9. Hal '05 SY Elise
10. Ara '07 GG Exige S
11. Zen Dude '07 KG Elise
12. James '05 GG Elise
13. Hal '05 SY Elise
14. Ara '07 GG Exige S
15. Zen Dude '07 KG Elise
16. James '05 GG Elise
17. Hal '05 SY Elise
18. Ara '07 GG Exige S
19. Zen Dude '07 KG Elise
20. James '05 GG Elise
21. Hal '05 SY Elise
22. Ara '07 GG Exige S
23. Zen Dude '07 KG Elise
24. James '05 GG Elise
25. Hal '05 SY Elise
26. Ara '07 GG Exige S
28. James '05 GG Elise
29. Hal '05 SY Elise
30. Ara '07 GG Exige S
31. Zen Dude '07 KG Elise
32. James '05 GG Elise
33. Hal '05 SY Elise
34. Ara '07 GG Exige S
35. Zen Dude '07 KG Elise
36. James '05 GG Elise
37. Hal '05 SY Elise
38. Ara '07 GG Exige S
39. Zen Dude '07 KG Elise
40. James '05 GG Elise
41. Hal '05 SY Elise
42. Ara '07 GG Exige S
43. Zen Dude '07 KG Elise
44. James '05 GG Elise
45. Hal '05 SY Elise
46. Ara '07 GG Exige S
47. Zen Dude '07 KG Elise
48. James '05 GG Elise
49. You and your Lotus should be here TOO!

Are you "in"??
--Hal

P.S. To get there, take the 101 freeway to Westlake Blvd exit. Travel north one block to Thousand Oaks Blvd and turn left (west). The second traffic light is Pierce Arrow Rd. Turn Left and the Lotus Dealer is on your left!

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll expose this thread again to make sure you are aware of this! SATURDAY, April 19th at 10:30 am!

I guarantee we will not find rattlesnakes at the dealership. But during our optional drive afterwards.....who knows?

--Hal

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
what's the route we're taking?

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'm in ! :D

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We'll have a breakfast at the "Corner Bakery" behind the Acura dealer (easy walk from Silverstar) at 9:30am. At 10:30, the event starts. After the service bay tour and the socializing and oogling the Lotus on display, we'll drive.:)

Ara: We'll include LA TUNA CANYON in the drive!:nanner:

BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!

--Hal

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Billions of Lotus today!

Here they ARE!

1. Hal '05 SY Elise
2. Ara '07 GG Exige S
3. Zen Dude '07 KG Elise
4. James '05 GG Elise
5. Hal '05 SY Elise
6. Ara '07 GG Exige S
7. Zen Dude '07 KG Elise
8. James '05 GG Elise
9. Hal '05 SY Elise
10. Ara '07 GG Exige S
11. Zen Dude '07 KG Elise
12. James '05 GG Elise
13. Hal '05 SY Elise
14. Ara '07 GG Exige S
15. Zen Dude '07 KG Elise
16. James '05 GG Elise
17. Hal '05 SY Elise
18. Ara '07 GG Exige S
19. Zen Dude '07 KG Elise
20. James '05 GG Elise
21. Hal '05 SY Elise
22. Ara '07 GG Exige S
23. Zen Dude '07 KG Elise
24. James '05 GG Elise
25. Hal '05 SY Elise
26. Ara '07 GG Exige S
28. James '05 GG Elise
29. Hal '05 SY Elise
30. Ara '07 GG Exige S
31. Zen Dude '07 KG Elise
32. James '05 GG Elise
33. Hal '05 SY Elise
34. Ara '07 GG Exige S
35. Zen Dude '07 KG Elise
36. James '05 GG Elise
37. Hal '05 SY Elise
38. Ara '07 GG Exige S
39. Zen Dude '07 KG Elise
40. James '05 GG Elise
41. Hal '05 SY Elise
42. Ara '07 GG Exige S
43. Zen Dude '07 KG Elise
44. James '05 GG Elise
45. Hal '05 SY Elise
46. Ara '07 GG Exige S
47. Zen Dude '07 KG Elise
48. James '05 GG Elise
Join the Motley Crue!

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Small group of enthusiasts. Richie answered questions about Lotus stuff. Always his gracious expertise is extremely appreciated!:bow:

There were 3 new Exiges lined up in the sevice bays: 220hp, 240hp and 255hp cup. The Club Racer was displayed too. Coffee, donuts and cookies was a nice touch. We also got posters of Lotus history.

Jack was there with his Orange GT3 Porsche. A fine morning for discussing Lotus, racing and shooting the BS.

We had 4 Elise and 1 ExigeS to drive the twisties, including La Tuna Cayon.
Ara, James, Kerri, Mark and me.

Thanks for those who participated.

--Hal

·
Failed at Self Control
653 Posts
Here are a couple shots from Saturday.

I also did some video of the drive but my camera mount was loose and a tad bouncy. I'll see if there is any good footage once I go through it and post it later if I find something worthy. It's mostly just James' (JMY's) back end and me trying to catch up. ...and the sound of Ara's Exige kick'n it at every opportunity. You all can haul a$$! :bow:

- z

Attachments

·
Failed at Self Control
653 Posts
Oh, one more.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That was a short timer!

Zen,

We talked about the Yokohama A048's and the wear/mileage. Yesterday during our drive in the canyons, I lost grip several times of the rear tires. I checked the rear tires and the center of the tread is almost gone. The tread on sides are ok, but it's time for new rear tires!

3 track days and a few canyon drives...rear 048's almost gone!

--Hal

·
Failed at Self Control
653 Posts
A short one! :crazyeyes

I'll have to hire you to gradually build me up every weekend a little at a time so you don't have to wait for me so much. ;) Would you be my private driving coach? :up:

Tires worn in the center? Inflation / over-inflation issue? ...or do they wear that way. I would have thought that the outer edges would wear a whole lot quicker.

- z

·
Registered
369 Posts
A short one! :crazyeyes

I'll have to hire you to gradually build me up every weekend a little at a time so you don't have to wait for me so much. ;) Would you be my private driving coach? :up:

Tires worn in the center? Inflation / over-inflation issue? ...or do they wear that way. I would have thought that the outer edges would wear a whole lot quicker.

- z
I would think over inflated.

I was losing grip a couple of weeks ago and found them down 2-3 lbs. Hampshire on-ramp to south 101 (270 degree turn, and the back end felt loose.) They just felt spongy. Under inflated wears the outside. But then again I am no tire expert.

Hal, sorry if I was pushing too much.

·
Failed at Self Control
653 Posts
... sorry if I was pushing too much.
Kerri, ... no worries ... it was a good reality check for me. :D

You Rock! :bow:

- z

·
Registered
369 Posts
Kerri, ... no worries ... it was a good reality check for me. :D

You Rock! :bow:

- z
No worries, I am in these hills all the time, at least 2-3 times a week, mostly on a bike. I had my son with me. The first I took him through rock store, he did not believe me, when I told him I had the super pulling over for me, until he saw it first hand. :evil: I actual back tracked our route to take him to his gf house.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would think over inflated.
Hal, sorry if I was pushing too much.

If you didn't "push", I wouldn't have checked the tire wear until it was too late.

Actually, I don't go fast in Residential areas as you noticed, and I slow down quite a bit if I see bicycles. If you see one bicycle, there will probably be more, especially on blind corners. I can't go much faster in public roads. Too many risks. I save it for Track.

Which reminds me: I gotta order the 048's for the Street of Willow track day May 17th! When the rear AND the fronts are gone, I'll try the Toyo's.

--Hal

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
thanks Hal for another awesome drive! thanks to Spencer and Ritchie for hosting us!

tuna canyon...:evil:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Thanks all for the great open house and drive !!

My tires are shot too .... I was sliding all over the place!!! I'm down to the bars on the rears ! I just placed an order for a new set of A048's :p

Also, thanks Richie for the tip ! It fixed my sticky throttle problem ! (the throttle adjustment screw stopper was too low, causing the throttle to stick sometimes after the throttle closed) Lotus put that adjustment screw's locknut in a bad spot ! After unscrewing it from the bottom, i flipped over and screwed it down from the top... much easier to adjust now and no more sticking !!! :coolnana:

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Another group drive??

We had a great "Lotus Open House", Richie solved James sticky throttle, a perspective of Lotus/Dealer relationship, great cars and comraderie, new and old friends and a nice twisty ride! Life is good!

James and I saw the light for new 048's. Expensive (whew!):eek:
Mine will be installed tomorrow. My track day is May 17th SOW.:nanner:

The weekend of May 2, 3, 4 I'll break-in the tires in the Santa Monica Mountains. Any one for another group drive??:wave:

--Hal

1 - 20 of 35 Posts