The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jack (BRG '06 Elise) and I (SY '05 Elise) are going to go to this huge car show this Sunday. We want to be there at 7am to stake some good parking spots. Any other Lotus owners going?? Morgan? Del? Ara? James? Kerri? Larry? Any others?

It's in a shopping center in Woodland Hills/Calabasas. Use the Mulholland/Valley Circle Exit from the 101 freeway. The car show is on Mullholand, just south of the freeway.

Hope to see ya'll there! :wave:

Maybe we'll get breakfast (good coffee!) there and a short drive in the Santa Monica Mountains after! :shift: The weather looks pretty good!:nanner:

--Hal

·
Registered
369 Posts
One way or the other

I will be here, one way or the other. The boys have a team hockey party in Calabasas at 12-1ish, so it depends what time the drive is, and i get back home.

i was thinking of riding the bike there, I am trying to decide if I want to buy another car, was thinking of a Ferrari 348 or F355, but a friend of mine just finished re-building a 1959 Aston Healy that was to be shipped to Europe but the deal was falling through and offered it to me if the deal does not go (but do I want another English car?). But if you guys are going on a drive earlier enough, then I will take the car, and leave the bike in the garage.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HEY! IT'S TOMORROW!! BE THERE OR.......

BE SQUARE!!!
Altho' it's hip to be square.:huh:

This car show will HIGHLIGHT your SUNDAY!
And a group Lotus drive after!
--Hal

(Bump?):mw:

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow! I mean.....WOW!!!!

I thought it would be a small show due to the threatening clouds...I was WRONG! I got there at 7am and the parking lot was filling. By 8am, it was PACKED of AMAZING DIFFERENT CARS!

I met Jose, who owns a yellow Elise and today he drove his EUROPA! We talked for a while....Lotus-ese of course! A pristine black Lotus Espirt! A 340 (radical!). I counted Elises: 1 SY, 1 BRG, 1 CO, 1 AS, 1 type 72D, 1 PB ExigeS!
Many newer Mustang Shelby's. Lambo Muira. '46 Ford woody (perfect restoration, awesome woodwork). Many Cobras, one was polished like a chrome body! LOTS and LOTS of Ferraris! A new Bentley, Aston Martin, Maserati, Porsches, Just every auto maker was represented!

The weather warmed up to be a sunny day, and time to leave.

Thanks to Jack & Rosie for saving a spot, and thanks for Jose for the hints, especially about brake pads. I have Porterfield R4 and looks like Porterfield
R4S (street) has much less brake dust. Good to know!

I hope there will be more Lotus vehicles next month! Get out there and have some fun! Forget your screaming brats, your chores and your visit with aunt Margaret! Remember, you own a Lotus! Start using it!:D

See y'all on the road! :wave:
--Hal

·
Registered
943 Posts
I rolled in next to you guys after my kid's karate class in my mini S. I was going to say hi but she wanted a "snack" first. When I got back from grabbing a cookie from Subway, you guys had left for the canyons. Maybe I'll catch up with you guys next time and I'll be in the exige!

Matt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts