The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Is it weird that I have an urge to spank the back end of your car? ;)

Hot very hot! :drool:

·
Registered
95 Posts
I am not typically a fan of red on any car.. but that looks gooooood!
Digging the red with white stripes....:up:

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've been seeing quite a few Elises posted recently with the white or silver racing stripes and I think it looks stunning. Did you just have it done at a vinyl shop? If so, about how much did it set you back?

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
I've been seeing quite a few Elises posted recently with the white or silver racing stripes and I think it looks stunning. Did you just have it done at a vinyl shop? If so, about how much did it set you back?
SCC is a, might I say, well known body shop that does, might I say, excellent work on cars.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Great job will keep an eye out for that car around town, that gas station is close to my house ! :up:

FYI: you might as well not have that cut front plate on there at all , you will get just as much of a ticket for having a modified
or altered plate as you will for having no plate ( Ask me how I know ) . The DMV considers license
plates state property - modifying them is as illegal as altering your drivers license

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Great job will keep an eye out for that car around town, that gas station is close to my house ! :up:

FYI: you might as well not have that cut front plate on there at all , you will get just as much of a ticket for having a modified
or altered plate as you will for having no plate ( Ask me how I know ) . The DMV considers license
plates state property - modifying them is as illegal as altering your drivers license
I believe that was done by the car's previous owner, but you are correct. That said, I've recently spoken to another owner who has folded his plate, and told it was OK by a number of meter maids.

·
I am the solution you see
79 Posts
My Car ...

That is my Bad Boy Toy .... dropped by the SCC Car Wash to get the detail done to it in Beverly Hills ...

Soooo Fresh to Clean Clean !

No Tickets or warnings on the plates ... just pure love on the way the car looks ..

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...oh no, somebody installed bollards through your roof!.. :eek:

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
That is my Bad Boy Toy .... dropped by the SCC Car Wash to get the detail done to it in Beverly Hills ...

Soooo Fresh to Clean Clean !

No Tickets or warnings on the plates ... just pure love on the way the car looks ..
Excellent will keep an eye out for you around town !

I did not run with a front plate at all for 3 years and never got hassled once. That is until our Angeles Crest run last month when 3 of us were all given no front plate tickets at a CHP checkpoint. I went out and bought a BWR bracket, installed it and showed the CHP it was fixed, went back to running no plate but left the BWR bracket installed and carry the plate in the boot. A cut or bent plate are still illegal according to the DMV and CHP. But the CHP cop did tell me that if it appeared to be accidental bending (as in bottoming out) you probably will not get hassled for it. But I doubt they would consider the top being bent back a accidental bend ;)

·
I am the solution you see
79 Posts
Excellent will keep an eye out for you around town !

I did not run with a front plate at all for 3 years and never got hassled once. That is until our Angeles Crest run last month when 3 of us were all given no front plate tickets at a CHP checkpoint. I went out and bought a BWR bracket, installed it and showed the CHP it was fixed, went back to running no plate but left the BWR bracket installed and carry the plate in the boot. A cut or bent plate are still illegal according to the DMV and CHP. But the CHP cop did tell me that if it appeared to be accidental bending (as in bottoming out) you probably will not get hassled for it. But I doubt they would consider the top being bent back a accidental bend ;)
Thank you again ... I am all over LA as all my clients are all over the place... from Pasadena to Santa Monica Peer ... Lots of miles ... hit the 60K mark on the odometer already.

My wife took a change form her Exige and drove mine and said she likes mine better... smoother more feely touchy .. :p

10% Discount to any Elise Talk members or Lotus drivers on new accounts or business call for your I.T. Needs ...

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts