The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We, over here in Blighty were wondering just what you Gents think of the Elise now you getting them delivered to you.

What sort of milages have you done?
What do you think of the car?
What do you think of the Dealership?

Any thing useful would be welcome.
Cheers
Mega

·
Registered
549 Posts
Thanks for asking>>

will send a more depth reply but at this moment is 9 pm east coast US time and I am heading to get some shut eye (sleep) since I will be up early for a road trip...YEP cruizin early with the Elise>>>but for now I really am taken by this machine!!! More 'technical' details later..

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I've said it several time on this board, but I'll say it again -- this car has VASTLY exceeded my expectations, in terms of build quality. Excellent materials, put together nicely. As you may know, British cars do not have the finest rep in the US, so I wasn't expecting something this high in quality.

At the 1K checkup, I had little to complain about. Keeping my fingers crossed that it holds up in the long run, but for now, I have no reason to think it won't.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Great question...

I look foward to hearing more and more about the impressions from owners of the new Elise..

I've seen a couple of them up in the mountains and they look awesome and the owners seem to be having a huge grin...

Americans needed this sports car !

Truly a great car..

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To Be honest Chaps i am not an Elise fan.

I am ex-Lotus and i hope very much to see more main stream cars that i could run day to day.

The reson WHY i an watching the US Elise is simple, Lotus have had to up their game Build Q wise a lot! We alway knew here in the UK that Lotus would always shalf us on build Q.

However over there where the legal hawks do fly Lotus would get "Taken out" in short order if they tried the same nonsense with you chaps.

Nope, going to US is great news as it means that Lotus MUST raise its game............and that can only benafit UK Lotus owners as well.
Mega

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am not here to be a pain in the backside Chris, i am 100 % into what you guys find out about your Elises. I think the switch to Toyota power will make BIG gains for Lotus. Most of their trouble came from the K series.

But, the Elise is not day for me day to day and while i agree that you must "Understand" that the Elise is hand built there is a limt to what they can get away with.

Rember the chap who blew his Head Gasket 40 miles into ownership?

Anyway, i off to try to find an America Women, sort of "Pat Benatar" type..........she out there some where.
Cheers
Mega

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Here's my impressions/results:

It was very, very comfortable on a long trip (1000+ miles) and in general is a nice ride, not harsh at all.

My mileage has been in the 25-30 MPG range. Very acceptable.

I'm thrilled with the rush it gives me every time I climb in.

Others still gather no matter where I park it.

It has exceeded my wildest dreams, and after 5 1/2 year wait, that's saying a lot. I now have 4400 miles on it, despite being in Manhattan for the last week...

The dealership has been great thus far...

THANK YOU LOTUS!!:clap:

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Hi Mike (Mega), nice to see your post. The U.S. (federalized) Elises have been slow in showing up here, but it is happening, almost every day now one of the regulars on this board post that they're about to get their car or have actually gotten their car.

With very few exceptions, nearly everyone who's gotten their cars say all the waiting and frustrations have been worth it. Some of the cars have had some "issues" such as failure to start, but IIRC these were quickly remedied by the local dealer in a satisfactory manner. Build quality does seem to have improved substantially over earlier models. They're amazing to drive, and IMO there's nothing else that compares to these cars, in terms of the driving experience, at anywhere near the price point. I still say Lotus has done a wonderful job with these cars, and I congratulate them for it. Now if they could sort out the problem with communicating information on our cars' build status....:rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts