The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cant believe they wouldnt bring white over...now black looks hideous cause the trim pieces are also black...wont bring over white but will bring over krypton, abergine, chrome orange, aztec bronze????..:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Well I know a few people actually like purple, krypton, and black. Lots of people want CO. But the choice of bronze over white is baffling. I am not sure if anybody likes the bronze.

Some people like that black hides all the plastic bits. I am leaning towards black myself. Looks mean.

Could be worse - go look at the BMW website. Your choices are silver, gray, dark gray, wierd olive green, poop brown, etc. But at least they have white!

I still wonder that if you request it you can get it. Worked for Laser Blue people...

·
Registered
347 Posts
White, white, white, white, white, white!

:)

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
mact3333 said:
cant believe they wouldnt bring white over...now black looks hideous cause the trim pieces are also black...wont bring over white but will bring over krypton, abergine, chrome orange, aztec bronze????..:confused: :confused: :confused:
This is why they did not do white;)

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
mact, white could be available at a later date...Nick Adams with Lotus told me that there was a good chance that the color offerings would change throughout the Elise's life cycle

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:D :D :D :D Patricko....the stormtrooper looks abit dated...personally, i like white and most sportscar co's sell alot of white and people that like to go to track seem to like white alot also.

kinda pathetic , but I must spend an hr a night researching this car, something i wont see for 9 months.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
You know being that far out you may have a pretty good chance of gettting white. People petitioned for Laser Blue and they made it available. Maybe could do the same with white. I am sure when nobody orders Aztec Bronze they will scrap it for white. The stormtrooper pic makes me want white even more! I think it needs black wheels however...

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm hoping they offer it by the time I'm called to choose a color. My old Lotus was white, as was my old Prelude. I'm hoping to keep the white sports car tradition. I've always like white sports cars ever since the Esprit that went underwater in 'The Spy Who Loved Me'. It seems a crime to have a Lotus and NOT offer it in white after that film.

Barry

·
Registered
125 Posts
I think they are not offering white based on experience with the rest of the world.

They offered white on the S1 and only sold a handful of them. I have only ever heard of 2 white ones and have seen neither and according to reports they actually made only about 20 out of the more than 10,000 S1 Elises.

·
Registered
321 Posts
IMHO I think white would look really nice. There is a photo on this site of a Type 23 with green racing stripes, looks really sharp.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Here is the Type 23 I was referring to.

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
mact3333 said:
Hey, black looks awesome BECAUSE the trim pieces are also black.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts