The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so what would i have to do to properly maintain an Exige? how hard is it? how does it differ from a normal car? how expensive is it to maintain?

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
could it be used as a daily driver?

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
so what would i have to do to properly maintain an Exige? how hard is it? how does it differ from a normal car? how expensive is it to maintain?
Take it to the dealer.
That's a rather personal question.
It doesn't have a Chevy emblem on it.
You can't afford it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
If you are concerned about the cost of filling the tank with premium fuel and need to ask how expensive they are to maintain then this is not the car for you. You should seriously be thinking about buying a different car...perhaps a nice used Miata. Easy to work on, lots of aftermarket parts, and runs on cheap regular gas.

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
"Maintain." Hmmmm.

I have said about $1000 a year, including tires.

Seems about right. Maybe not every year.

It's got a Toyota engine. Easy to fix.

The average BMW has 87 computer control panels, the Lotus has 4.

Needs oil, water.

Tires last about 8000 miles.

If you track the car forget all this.

Tracking is all about spending alot more money making sure the car is tight.

If you love the Exige...get the Exige.

That's what being a Lotus owner is all about. :D

Not any more expensive than a Cadillac/Lexus/Infinity.

·
Registered
6,951 Posts
Costs the same to maintain as an Elise.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,145 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Not to make fun of your question, but you got to figure it's a car with a Toyota power train and less gadgetry than just about any other car out there. If you do regular maintainance yourself, it's damn cheap. If you take it to the dealer then spend a pretty penny.

And yes, it costs the same as an Elise or an ExigeS, S240 or S260.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Costs the same to maintain as an Elise.
That statement is just absurd. I doubt you even own a Lotus.

The Exige rear window is useless and therefore overlooked. Additionally, with an Exige S, access for cleaning is limited on one side. Therefore, the Exige will clearly use less window cleaner and thus becomes cheaper to maintain than an Elise.

rotfl

·
Registered
81 Posts
Depends on what needs replacing, really. So far this year, I've spent $1900 on my Elise for maintenance. That price inclues a pair of cheap rear tires (I'm rather angry that I had to get all-season radials but I had a flat and was stranded; had to make due with what was in stock in my size at the tire shop :mad: ), brake pads front and rear, new rotors at the front, fixing the passenger window (jumped the guides), and replacing the passenger side headlight bulb. And I have a whopping 18,000 miles on the car. Gotta love British engineering :p

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
If you know how to work on cars then it's one of the simplest cars I've ever worked on and costs no more than any other car...

If you don't then you'll have to pay fairly big $ because it has that Lotus badge and the dealer / mechanics will rape you.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks to those who gave me...well, at least somewhat serious answers. its not that i cant afford the costs (because i sure as hell can) i just wana know everything i can about the car before i get one. im sure it wont cost nearly as much as my Lambo, but i still think its best to know as much as possible about a car before you buy it.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
thanks to those who gave me...well, at least somewhat serious answers. its not that i cant afford the costs (because i sure as hell can) i just wana know everything i can about the car before i get one. im sure it wont cost nearly as much as my Lambo, but i still think its best to know as much as possible about a car before you buy it.
What kind of lamborghini do you have? Pics PLZ :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
murcielago. cost more than just a pretty penny. please dont question weather i can afford a lotus or not. and im planning to do a very nice and long video review of the lambo soon. you'll have to wait to see the goods.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Maintenance in straight forward. For track days the usual type of costs, brake pads, tires, oil changes, etc. The stock tires are well made and last. However, if you need body work, the costs skyrocket.

Dont mind some of the asses that pop up in here. Some people seem to think they dont need manners when they arent directly accountable for their statements. There is usually some great advice buried in the forum that its definately worthwhile to check this everything out.

·
Registered
271 Posts
im sure it wont cost nearly as much as my Lambo,
So let me get this right... You are too cheap to put 91 octane in a Lotus and you have a Murci - Sounds fishy. Pics of Lambo with "Lotus Talk" sign or it doesn't exist. Wonder how long we will be waiting for this...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
pics? no problem. i never said i was too cheap to put premium gas in a lotus, i just didnt know if that was a requirement.

edit- oh, and after the pics ill do 1 better. i post a video.

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
LOL why would you waste time with a post like this if you have enough money to own and maintain Lambo's flagship?

So "knowing" that bit of information...

Cost to fuel and maintain an Exige is totally negligible. You could literally maintain and fuel it for what you'd find in your couch cushions if you're affluent enough to have a Murci. These cars barely cost more than the average family/luxury sedan to keep up... they are not like other exotics :)

1 - 20 of 71 Posts