The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my first child and I didn't want to leave kiddo and wifey home. So, I decided I had to do the responsible thing and buy a family car.
I used to have an Ls powered RX7 (per the screen name) so I'm familiar with the LS/LT motors and am comfortable with them. But, I'm not really an american car guy, deff not a "Camaro" guy, and hadn't considered ever buying one.
When a friend with a collection of stupid cars suggested I take a look at the ZL1. That it really blew him away, it got me researching. And... I don't know how a car like this ever flew under my radar.
Despite being twice the car (literally) this thing handles nearly as good as my Elise on Penskes around the corners, and brakes way better.

Car has a bigger blower, as well as full boltons and methanol injection. It's a beast. Still getting used to how traction limited it is at the moment.

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Great vehicle and very track worthy. They do eat tires like crazy! congratulations on a nice machine. Not so sure about the family vehicle though. You will need a Yukon or similar soon! hahaha Tommy

·
Premium Member
2005 Elise LSS Saffron Yellow
789 Posts
I hauled a munchkin around in a Corolla without issue, later a Celica (which certainly has less interior space than the Camaro). Trip car was an Acura Legend at the time. Your <2 ft tall, <30 lb infant actually doesn't need to travel with the entire contents of the baby room...

As for the Camaro, yes they eat tires, brakes, etc. F=ma, E=mv. All that energy has to go somewhere when you have 3700 lbs of car to manage.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.
Have been reading about consumables on this car. Tires and brakes especially are large and very expensive.
Luckily this car came with DTC60 pads new rotors and new MPSC2 tires. So until I go through those I'm going to try to keep it out of mind.

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
When my youngest was born I had only 2 seat vehicles.

I took the car seat out with me and leased a Mini Cooper S convertible.

Wife was pissed

Hey the car seat fit, whats the problem?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts