The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And it went well but I suck at putting film on and I keep reminding myself this every time I do it.

Lots of tiny bubbles and I hope most go away over time but if they don't I'll be removing the film because of them and asking someone better to deal with it.

Verdict?

edit: There are reflections from the ceiling and Murano next to it that make it look funny - from more than 3ft away you cannot see the irregularities.

:sheep:

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Do you never use your car at night?

I bought an STI that someone had done the headlights like that, just with spray on tint. I had to buy new lights so I could actually use the car. :mad:

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can easily remove this film if I do not like it. It isn't that dark in direct sunlight so I'm not too worried but I'll know more about functionality tonight - I'm more interested on impressions so far.

Total cost was like 15 shipped from Auto Vinyl Solutions - VERY good group of people and great prices for their stuff. (3M - HEXIS - whatever)

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
Headlights are for vision and at night you can NEVER get too much vision. I will be BLUNT when I say tinted headlights (any lights) are the single most idiotic mod I've ever seen on a car.

Was this post blunt, YES! Get that damn tint off those lights son and grow up. That was "Cool" in the 90's and even the punks don't do that anymore. Even fart can exhausts had a purpose. You have grossly demeaned your car by doing that. Next thing you'll be doing is putting LED lighting underneath!!

By chance, do you have the Knightrider series on DVD??

Maybe you should get your car on PIMP MY RIDE

Hopefully you got my impression on this one.

·
Registered
200 Posts
wow a little brutal there ... It's not my favorite mod either, but all in all it doesn't look bad.

If it interferes with the lighting you might switch to a brighter HID set up to compensate, if it's still impairing then I'd definitely take it off.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Headlights are for vision and at night you can NEVER get too much vision. I will be BLUNT when I say tinted headlights (any lights) are the single most idiotic mod I've ever seen on a car.
Was this post blunt, YES! Get that damn tint off those lights son and grow up. That was "Cool" in the 90's and even the punks don't do that anymore. Even fart can exhausts had a purpose. You have grossly demeaned your car by doing that. Next thing you'll be doing is putting LED lighting underneath!!

+1 on this comment. Tinting headlights is a definite NO :wallbang: NO:wallbang: NO :wallbang:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Ouch brgelise, that was a little brutal. packslayer is entitled to do this and be happy with what he has done. I have the same issue with safety and how the lights will perform at night but I posed my question a little more subtly. That said he did ask for opinions....

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
Headlights are for vision and at night you can NEVER get too much vision. .
…… was sufficient. He already knew it may have an impact on his lighting/vision.

You don’t have to demean everyone in every post you make. Comparing him to a moron or punk and calling him “son” is totally uncalled for unless you truly are his father.

I’ve only been a member here for about a year, but I’ve been viewing and following for much, much longer. Based on the numerous previous posts I’ve seen, I’ll be blunt too and agree with Redletter1.

·
Registered
657 Posts
brgelise.....Breath man breath! It is ok for others to be different than you.

And to be blunt too, anyone listing and feeling the need to tell everyone what they own can be categorized as well. Here...bravo for owning all these, hope your ego is better now. I listed your belongings below just in case others missed it! I noticed lots of red color in your list of cars below....Look at me syndrom?

04 Skip Barber Race School, Competition certificate
04 Jaguar XJ Vandan Plas Radiance Red Ivory leather
05 Lotus Elise Sport Hardtop LRG,red leather.
08 Isuzu Ascender Lux Flint Grey, Grey leather
10 Lotus Evora Persian Blue, Charcoal w/Ivory header
11 BMW Xdrive35d, Vermillion Red w/Cinnamon Brown

·
Registered
396 Posts
Plack,

Honestly I do not like the mod personally, but neither does it induce me to refer to you as "son", reference fart cans, use the term idiotic, or otherwise berate you. So keep it if you like and don't sweat it.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
OK, to the defense of brgelise let me be equally blunt!

Anyone darkening their headlamps is turning their car into a lethal weapon and is, thus, a potential murder!

Get the friggin' stuff off!

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts

Yeah, this is a bit much. I tinted the headlights on my Exige as I don't drive it at night. I also very lightly tinted my RS4 and I hate the really bright look of most headlights. Going fully black and affecting overall light output isn't great but can be taken on a car by car basis. My Pathfinders headlights are a little weak so I wouldn't do them for example.

Blanket statements rarely hold true. Brgelise you generally seem level headed but you've lost me here.

Oh and Plack - looks Great! If the bubbles remain just hit them with a tiny pin and pop them. Might not work but worth trying before you peel it off.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
It's not at surprising some people will criticize, especially the purist types. Most people remain classy about it, but there's always the one pr*ck on every forum that can't resist disrespecting anyone who has a different opinion on things. Despite being on my ignore list, I sometimes catch his posts in the responses, and it's usually a reminder that he hasn't changed a bit despite his previous apology. Now if there was a way on squelch his posts in the replies as well, I would gladly use it. Heck, I would *pay* for it. Anyway...

Plack, if light level remains adequate for safe night driving, then I say go for it. Otherwise, you might need to step it down some. In any case, I love the look--it matches the two grills nicely and makes the car's styling more consistent front to side.

·
Registered
260 Posts

·
Back to the Future, again
6,187 Posts
I think it LOOKS good but I am not sure if it WORKS well. There is a difference. I would do a light titanium at most to finish off the looks but if it affects the lighting at night, I wouldn't do it. Our cars are low enough as is without messing with how much light it throws out.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts